• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tashtego

Jan 6, 2013
    Went to Haps Baker Firearms Range today in Westminster Md. to do some rifle and pistol shooting with my son. It was my first time at that range, and basically his first time shooting. We both enjoyed outselves. Weather was perfect for my liking--not raining much (and when it did we were under cover) but overcast so not too hot. This open-to-the-public range is clean, well-organized and inexpensive (even for out-of-county folks). Staff was helpful and friendly. Can shoot out to 200 yards at this range! Surprised there were only about five other shooters. Had a little trouble figuring out which road to take to get around the garbage dump and wind my way back to the range itself. A tip: wear your ears when you walk down from the upper parking lot, since you are right next to the ranges already when you reach the bottom.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    Sounds like a great time with your son!

I like Hap Baker. An oddly pleasant little place for being in the middle of a landfill.. Most of he RSO's are pretty cool too as long as you follow their rules.

Tashtego

Jan 6, 2013
    Either I was not there or I was oblivious to it. I don't remember the range officer being on the pistol range the two short times we were over there.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I'll be there in the morning if any of you are coming say hello. I'll be shooting a OD Remington 700 .308 and a 300 BLK Ar pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom