• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I was looking at this Knight's RAS for sale.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=268026238

These retail for nearly $300, which is nuts, but then again Knight's has always been pretty proud of their stuff. I know these rail systems are old school and not the current flavor of the month, and there are some surplus units on the market that have pushed prices down. Even so this looks almost too good to be true. There are supposedly some fakes out there that are pretty good copies, and I want to make sure I don't get burned. Does this look to be a genuine Knight's RAS?

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    sadly it would be almost impossible to tell...the buyer could use a picture of a real rail and still be selling cheap copies.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I had the M5 RAS (12" model) that I got for a little over $100 and sold for about the same amount, so the price isn't too far out of line. KAC themselves are selling blemished rails for $150.

But there's only the one picture? Also the clamp screw on the top had an allen drive on mine, not a flathead, but that could be a difference in the models. Personally, I would pass and try to find one I was more sure of for maybe an additional $10-20.

EDIT: looks like the M4's do use the flathead from other pictures...I'm still not 100%

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Maybe they are bulk blemished and the seller could have refinished them or just got a good deal of a bulk supply. Never hurts to ask them worst that. An happen is you get a refund. If buyer says its legit they have to. Back it up.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Honestly i went through the struggle of trying to save a few bucks questioning if rails were real or not. Get the factory blemished rails brand new from Knights. Theres no question about them and the look great...i dont know what the blem is on mine...

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Pic looks legit, but who knows with stuff like that. I picked up a used one at the Chantilly gun show for $50. For $90 It seems too good to be true. I like my old school rail, makes my 6920 look more like a "real" M4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom