• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I think anyone who wants to view someones feedback should be able to read the whole response. I have noticed recently that there has been an increase in negative feedback. To protect future buyers from "getting screwed" by other forum members, wouldn't you want to read the good and bad about a seller?

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    I agree with this. When I see several positive comments and then one negative but all I can read is "bad seller" or "don't trust" it makes me wonder. If I could read more about the situation I could make up my own mind about whether or not to trust the seller. My .02

Last edited:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I agree that it would be nice to see the full story. I've assumed it's a limitation of the forum software, but perhaps it's a simple permission change. If such a change isn't feasible, seeing the various input of +1 and -1 helps paint a fairly clear picture, generally speaking. If someone is still torn about what to do, I suppose one could contact the two parties involved and ask for their respective sides of the story to form your own opinion as to whether or not it's prudent to do business with that particular member.

As always, caveat emptor.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Speaking as someone who recieved a false feedback in retaliation for a deserved one I agree 100%.

It the message content could be seen by anyone (including the recipient, who currently only sees a "+/- score") It would in many cases be self evident what's happening. When you only see the score without the comments it makes leaving a comment a bit pointless.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If you click on the number in parentheses, you can see the comment, right?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD

No, they can only see a very short blurb, almost a title. Only mods and those involved can see the detailed descriptions.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Speaking as someone who recieved a false feedback in retaliation for a deserved one I agree 100%.

It the message content could be seen by anyone (including the recipient, who currently only sees a "+/- score") It would in many cases be self evident what's happening. When you only see the score without the comments it makes leaving a comment a bit pointless.

I agree as someone who also received false feedback.:thumbsup:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I think if someone receives neg fb they should be able to dispute it with the mods.

I can't help who hits the "Commit to Buy" if that person is a asshat he can be an asshat just because.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I think if someone receives neg fb they should be able to dispute it with the mods.

I can't help who hits the "Commit to Buy" if that person is a asshat he can be an asshat just because.

Hey!!! I'm not an asshat!!!!!! Oh, wait, you weren't talking about me, were you?:innocent0

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I belong to a car forum and was interested in buying parts from a guy until I read his bad feedback. The person who ended up buying the parts from him ended up getting screwed $2200. I have looked a few peoples classified ads and saw they had 1 negative feedback a few weeks ago. I passed on that because the short description did not give enough feedback on what happened

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point

No I've been trying for years and get this.

Redneck, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    All you can see is a short comment . Only the buyer , seller and mods can see the detailed description .

I had a issue not long ago with a buyer that flaked on me . I was trying to search for previous bad feedback left for him in detail but all I could find was the percentage of good vs. bad . There is no option to see feedback it is only to submit feedback from what I could find .

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I agree that all feedback should be viewable by everyone. I checked the configuration options and there is no way to specify which groups can and cannot view feedback. Seems like a huge oversight. Unfortunately the developer is no longer distributing or supporting the software that we use. That means I have to try to modify the code myself or switch to another product. I'll research each option and take the path of least resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom