• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011
    So, I am curious about non-AR types. Say, hunting rifles, shotguns, and semi-auto pistols with a capacity of fewer than 10 rounds (eg, 1911s). Should the bill pass as it is currently written, will I be required to register them?

Thanks.

-JG

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Only if you intend on being a slave...registration makes confiscation possible.

juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011
    Thanks. I'll rephrase. Is registration legally required for hunting rifles, non-"AW" shotguns, and semi-auto pistols <10 rounds?

Thanks in advance!

-JG

juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011
    As I understand it, the licensing req is only for new purchases.

Ok, this I think is part of my confusion. Should the bill pass as it currently stands, we will have to obtain a license for *all* firearm purchases. All "AWs" are to be registered. This registration excludes "standard" hunting rifles, shotguns, and pistols (assuming the latter cannot hold 11 or more rounds). Right?

Thanks,

-JG

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    NO NO NO

License, if it stays, is only for NEW handgun purchases.

Registration is only for EXISTING assault rifles.

Nothing changes for long guns as long as they don't trip the assault weapon criteria

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    NO NO NO

License, if it stays, is only for NEW handgun purchases.

Registration is only for EXISTING assault rifles.

Nothing changes for long guns as long as they don't trip the assault weapon criteria

Anything bought as regulated is already registered IMO. The tyrants just want to know who has the means to resist their tyranny...

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I suspect you are right and that's why they are throwing us a bone that you might not have to re-register those

10mmAuto

Feb 22, 2013
    The proposed registration requirement is one detail I have questioned myself. It would be punitive to require MD gun owners to re-register any weapon that went thru the current “red-form” MSP Application/Registration process, regardless of when (how long ago). If you got yourt "pink-slip", that should be enough.

But if I read the proposed amendment correctly, if it passes, I think any semi-auto (rifle, shotgun, handgun) that is in a citizen’s possession would have to be voluntarily registered within that post-passage 30-day period.

It that how you guys interpret it?

10mmAuto

Feb 22, 2013
    The state (MSP) are taking 35+ days to return the current (legislated, promised) 8-day Application Registrations. They do not have the resources or training necessary to handle the "new" proposed legislation.

What disturbs me is this legislation is worded to create "de-facto" criminals of any gun owners who does not comply within the proposed 30-day registration period. Talk about unconstitutional.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    By the way, Deep Thought, I've been wondering about something, and maybe you can help me with it:

What is the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything?

No hurry, I can wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom