• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    So I screwed up at the Chantilly show. I tripped and my wallet fell into this vendor and the only way he would give it back was if I purchased a bolt gun.

All said and done I was wanting the AAC version but the one that were there even though fairly price, I felt like the standard one was a bit over the top and some of those vendors that had it were d!cks.

Meat and Potatoes.

20 MOA base is what I am thinking with a pair of matching rings.
    I am between Seekins Precision and Badger Ordnance.

I would like to make it magazine fed. Any up and downs to this?

Also, it has one swivel stud. I want it for a bipod but I would really like to have a sling as well. Is it easy to install another swivel stud? I do not want to damage the Hogue stock that it came with.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    :needpics:

Sorry, but you knew that was coming right?

Installing a second swivel stud shouldn't be a problem, synthetic stock, so it should be straight-forward.

As to the other questions, I must bow down there, not a bolt-gun Guru.

Paging E.Shell, Paging E.Shell, your needed.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Check into farrel rings as well. I have them on both my bolt guns and Ed was highly impressed with his work. Tha's all the reccomendation I needed....

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Congrats on the 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SP!!!!

My darlin' wife encouraged me to buy one, when we were in SW Virginia, last August!!

She sure is a keeper!!!

I haven't decided on the mount/rings, yet.

I've heard a few complaints about the Hogue stock (factory OEM on the AAC) being 'mushy', when used with a bi-pod and caused accuracy problems, due to this.

Several owners have said that the first 'alteration' that they did, was to get a Bell & Carlson stock.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    congrats on the rifle . I put a egw 20 moa one piece base on mine , there is plenty of room on it . I threw a Burris fullfeild II Tactical in OD on it for now it was a scope I had laying around and Burris tactical rings . As far as the stock it is a bit mushy when using a bipod the stock flexes and touches the barrel out on the end . That said it still shoots well under MOA out to 200 yards with Federal gold medal match 168 gr . I have not taken it out any farther then that as of yet .

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    What caliber did you go with?

Congrats on the 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SP!!!!

My darlin' wife encouraged me to buy one, when we were in SW Virginia, last August!!

She sure is a keeper!!!

I haven't decided on the mount/rings, yet.

I've heard a few complaints about the Hogue stock (factory OEM on the AAC) being 'mushy', when used with a bi-pod and caused accuracy problems, due to this.

Several owners have said that the first 'alteration' that they did, was to get a Bell & Carlson stock.

I got the standard tactical one. They have another one that had the threaded barrel but they wanted a little under $700 and some dude wanted $800 for the one he had just because he had a bipod. I kept it standard.

pakman916

Apr 23, 2011
    MoCo, MD
    Once I get my scope, we should see who can shoot more accurately. :) We can bet with ammo. Shot for shot, loser has to give up 1 round. But let's wait till it gets warmer.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Magazine fed.... great if it suits your need. Expensive and a lot of work. Also, I'm not sure if your stock can be modified to allow installation of a DBM system.

I have Surgeon's brand of DBM on my rifle and like it very much. There are lots of good ones out there, most if not all will require your stock to be inletted.

Which ever you pick, make sure it's one that uses AI magazines. They aren't cheap, but they don't suck and are pretty much the standard.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Congratulations.:thumbsup:
    I just got basically the same rifle for Christmas. I went with EGW 20 MOA base and Burris Extreme Tactical Rings per recommendation from Ed Shell. I am exceedingly pleased with the set up so far although I just got it broken in.

Loading it is a pain. Unfortunately the detachable magazine conversions are ridiculously overpriced IMHO.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Here is mine pics from delmarva today .

Blueheeler , I have the same set up EGW and Burris . It is a pain to load thumb gets skinned here and there lol . I was going to go with a higher end scope I had the Burris in the safe off a older rifle but it works just fine .

This is a 8 shot group at 100yds ,I screwed up the to on the left . Normally its just one ragged half inch hole .

Attachments

• 050.jpg
      050.jpg
      64.6 KB · Views: 158
    • 064.JPG
      064.JPG
      60.3 KB · Views: 157

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members