• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I ordered the Tandemkross mag disconnect off ebay they other day and I decided to put it in on this rainy day.

So I am happy to say it works great and am very happy with the product and it was $14.99 shipped to my door.

Next LCI fill in

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Do you know if anyone makes an LCI filler for the SR series? That flippin' indicator is the only thing I don't like about my SR9. I've looked around but no joy.

ifindppl

Sep 13, 2012
    Montgomery County
    I added the Tandemkross bushing last weekend and added a couple of mag "bumpers". I wish I had done this a year ago. The mags practically fly out of the gun and I have had no FTFs (I have been shooting CCI minimags lately). Not having to use my fingernail to pry out the magazine has really made the shooting experience much smoother.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    I disabled the mag disconnect in my Ruger Mk III. Much better...and added bonus: One-handed mag ejection.

It now drops the mags out with a push of the mag release. No need to pull the floor plate too.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Do you know if anyone makes an LCI filler for the SR series? That flippin' indicator is the only thing I don't like about my SR9. I've looked around but no joy.

just remove it and live with the hole, it doesn't look that bad.

A friend of mine filled in his LCI slot on his SR-40c with JB weld, and it actually looks great. He was originally going to mix in stainless steel powder from some filing he'd done recently, but decided to just mix it with a bit more hardener than resin to give it a lighter color.

And it came out amazing! The finished weld even has the same light reflection characteristics as the stainless.

Probably would be easier with a nitrided slide, since you could just add some black pigment to the mix and have it come out great looking.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    oh, just for the record, stay clear of JB kwik weld. It sets quickly, but is generally weak sauce.

Just wait the extra time for the damn thing to cure, you'll be happy you did when you can beat someone with the welded object and not have it come apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom