• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    There are a few things I want to get before Oct.:innocent0 I'm set on a Ruger Blackhawk in .44spl but I'm not sure what barrel length 4.62" or 5.50" This will be my first SA revolver and I already reload for .44spl. I can't swing both. :sad20: Any Blackhawk shooters out there? Thanks...

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Mostly for target work and woods walking. I often shoot long distances with my revolvers, I'm leaning towards the 5.5".

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Most of my Ruger single actions were the 5.5" barreled versions. Good balance between barrel length and shootability. I liked shooting them off hand, left or right.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Marauder, since you're a fan of The Man, I understand the love for the. 44

What about a SBH so you can shoot Spl and Mag?

Or are you looking to create your own Number 5 and stick to 44 Spl only?

I'm a traditionalist so I favor either 5.5 or 7.5 for all around carry and play. I leave the short barrels to those CAS' Hopalongs and Annie Oakleys.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Why the rush before Oct. 1 for this pistol? Just curious. pretty sure there is no issue with this, right?

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Marauder, since you're a fan of The Man, I understand the love for the. 44

What about a SBH so you can shoot Spl and Mag?

Or are you looking to create your own Number 5 and stick to 44 Spl only?

I'm a traditionalist so I favor either 5.5 or 7.5 for all around carry and play. I leave the short barrels to those CAS' Hopalongs and Annie Oakleys.

Why did you go and do that, (SBH) You got the wheel in my head turning.. :D I have other .44 magnums. I'm looking for a dedicated 44spl gun..

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Why the rush before Oct. 1 for this pistol? Just curious. pretty sure there is no issue with this, right?

Because I have never been finger printed in my life and never intend to be. So my handgun buying will end after Oct.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's not helping you any , but either are fine. I'd be inclined for the 5.5 , but have plenty of Blackhawks in 4 5/8 also.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Why did you go and do that, (SBH) You got the wheel in my head turning.. :D I have other .44 magnums. I'm looking for a dedicated 44spl gun..

Then I think you need to build your own version of No 5.

I'm in the 45 Colt camp but I appreciate the versatility of the 44 especially when you consider that you can load the same bullet in 44 Spl, 44 Mag and 444 Marlin.

Only trouble is if you want Stainless then you have to go SBH

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I have a super blackhawk with the 7.25 inch barrel. It is far more accurate than I am at any distance, and I like the weight of it.

Out of curiosity, what do you get from a revolver in 44spl that you don't get in a 44mag?

I always thought there was really no point in getting something in 44spl or 38spl, but there must be something I am missing.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    I have a super blackhawk with the 7.25 inch barrel. It is far more accurate than I am at any distance, and I like the weight of it.

Out of curiosity, what do you get from a revolver in 44spl that you don't get in a 44mag?

I always thought there was really no point in getting something in 44spl or 38spl, but there must be something I am missing.

Well if you shoot allot of 44spl and 38spl like I do out of Magnum guns you have to clean the cylinder real good before you go back to shooting Magnums. So I have bought some dedicated 38spl guns and no longer shoot 38spl out of my 357 Magnum guns. So that's why I'm wanting a 44spl. :innocent0:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom