• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Srbenda

Off Center Plinker
    Dec 1, 2008
    Pseudo Rural SE PA
    Or something like that.

I filled out the hand-cramping paperwork today at MSAR, on a stainless .357.

It looks like a nice gun, and seems to have overall excellent reviews.

It did cost more than the comparable Taurus, but I think that's a long term investment that will pay off.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Very nice aquisition. As always, I suggest the relativly cheap Wolf spring job for that particular gun. Smoothes that trigger out nicely.

May 25, 2009
    I think I was there a few days before you...I saw it in the counter, but didn't quite have the money for it. What was it? 400?

prpete

Nov 10, 2008
    Aberdeen
    Great choice, but you'll want to get a hogue or pachmyer grip, though.If you run out of its 5 shots, you can use it as a club.

Rivera

Dec 26, 2009
    nothing like a good old 357. you got to love them. I got my eye on one but the way the economy and a baby girl, it's going to have to wait.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Just got an SP101 in .38sp with the 3" in October, paid $275 for the gun (they only come in stainless finish which is great looking). 5 years ago I had sold my last snubbie, a Taurus 85 which I couldn't shoot well due to the grips not filling my hand properly. I highly recommend the Crimson Trace Lasergrips, although expensive they are a great upgrade to the grip size and work amazingly well. Only thing about Lasergrips though is the cleaning of the lens after a range session is a pain in the butt, but well worth the fun of one big ragged hole in a target without even really aiming :party29:. Would be easy for home defense too when you don't or can't use the sights or traditional shooting postures. Just my .02.

Attachments

• SP101 001.jpg
      SP101 001.jpg
      57.1 KB · Views: 126

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads