• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Saiga's are priced low now because the company that imports them is changing. They are liquidation the stock of guns with the old company's logo and starting production of guns with there logo. They are saying prices will go back up after liquidation because there will only be one company importing after it is all said and done.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I have to say this, if anyone told me when I was a kid, that someday AK clones would be as common as ARs I would have thought that person was drunk. Of course, when i was young you could not buy a CZ-75 pistol without jumping through various hoops.

I think we need another 5,000 legal AK rifles in MD. Jim, I agree. I think it would be cool to visit your local FFL and get a full auto AK cash and carry. We then have to deal with that stupid 20 round mag law. Driving to a PA gun show isn't my idea of a great Sunday.

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    Does Izhmash make any sporting models that look more like a real AK and less like the Saiga? I'm thinking a thumbhole stock instead of a regular rifle stock and the ability to take regular AK mags. I still don't exactly understand 922r and how that law works. I have read and researched and it still confuses me.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Doesn't much matter who the importer is. The same forces of supply and demand apply. If the military isn't buying their guns, Izmash is at the mercy of the sporting market, in other words us.
    True but after RRA was stopped from importing the guns 4-5 other company's did all competing for business which keep the price low. One company= monopoly and manipulation of price to there leisure. Dose anyone know the new company that took over ? I have heard rumors but nothing substantial.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Does Izhmash make any sporting models that look more like a real AK and less like the Saiga? I'm thinking a thumbhole stock instead of a regular rifle stock and the ability to take regular AK mags. I still don't exactly understand 922r and how that law works. I have read and researched and it still confuses me.
    No there are not AK's coming out of Russia that can take AK mags and be imported.
    922r is pretty easy you need more us parts then Russian to make the gun legal to use standard ak mags

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    The article states that the information is being kept from Mikhail Kalashnikov by his family because they are afraid this news would kill him

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    The article states that the information is being kept from Mikhail Kalashnikov by his family because they are afraid this news would kill him
    I mean if you had the pride of your gun being made for all these years would you not lose some of your will to live if your gun is no longer needed?

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Saiga's are priced low now because the company that imports them is changing. They are liquidation the stock of guns with the old company's logo and starting production of guns with there logo. They are saying prices will go back up after liquidation because there will only be one company importing after it is all said and done.

OR thats disinformation designed to get you to buy existing stocks at a premium before the price drops when the new importers get set up. Kind of like the post election shortage (you remember all those rumours that were floating around)

Im not saying 300 is alot but the cost to produce them in russia and ship them over here is probably under 100. Maybe they will drop in price or maybe you are correct.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have to say this, if anyone told me when I was a kid, that someday AK clones would be as common as ARs I would have thought that person was drunk. Of course, when i was young you could not buy a CZ-75 pistol without jumping through various hoops.

I think we need another 5,000 legal AK rifles in MD. Jim, I agree. I think it would be cool to visit your local FFL and get a full auto AK cash and carry. We then have to deal with that stupid 20 round mag law. Driving to a PA gun show isn't my idea of a great Sunday.

I'm not under that particular law, so I just head over to my local gun store and pick up a few mags when it suits me. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom