• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    Could we have a thread stickied for IP's to post when they get them in stock, which caliber, 9MM or .40 and how many in stock.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I stopped in at X Ring in Newark, DE yesterday comparing an M&P 9c with a Shield (another customers) since I have had a Shield on order since July.

The lovely young lady that was helping me out said that they have at least 25 people on a waiting list for these.

I'm going to go for the M&P 9c instead of the Shield for 2 reasons. I'm getting impaitient (not the dealers fault) and I have a larger body type (6'1" 190lbs) to conceal the 9c.

So don't be surprised if you don't see a list appear here. Most shops already have customers on a waiting list.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I lost my patience waiting for a Shield months ago. Went with a Ruger LC9 and will probably look at a used Shield some day, looong after the hype is over.

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    I stopped in at X Ring in Newark, DE yesterday comparing an M&P 9c with a Shield (another customers) since I have had a Shield on order since July.

The lovely young lady that was helping me out said that they have at least 25 people on a waiting list for these.

I'm going to go for the M&P 9c instead of the Shield for 2 reasons. I'm getting impaitient (not the dealers fault) and I have a larger body type (6'1" 190lbs) to conceal the 9c.

So don't be surprised if you don't see a list appear here. Most shops already have customers on a waiting list.

i'm a taller, bigger guy, so i was thinking a shield would be easier for me to conceal versus a compact, i do wanna atleast hold a shield before i buy one though. i mostly wear tshirts and jeans so i figured about my best bet would be the shield and a iwb holster, of course thats if the courts go in our favor for ccw.

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    Has anyone heard anything about s&w slowing production, or stopping to make some changes so they can start reselling them at a higher price?

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    Has anyone heard anything about s&w slowing production, or stopping to make some changes so they can start reselling them at a higher price?

Probably related to this news:

Indeed some of those expectations came true, with Smith & Wesson’s second-quarter sales up 48% to a record $136.6 million. The company also said it expects third-quarter adjusted earnings of 19 cents to 21 cents a share, ahead of the analyst forecast of 16 cents a share.

But the results weren’t stellar enough to sustain more increases in its stock price.

“We note that the company’s order backlog is now $333 million, down sequentially from $392 million last quarter and $439 million two quarters ago,” Rommel Dionisio of Wedbush said in a note to clients. “While still high on a historical basis, this appears to indicate dealers who place such orders do not expect the now yearlong industry demand surge to last that much longer.”

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    well if true that sucks, i can't seem to find one in 9mm, just the occasional .40, which i didn't really want since they have some issues, but i guess thats because me and a million other people want one, so they are sold as soon as received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom