• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    For those who became SAF members, did you receive anything, like a membership card, member# or anything? I became a life member, but never received anything other than my paypal receipt. I was on their site and saw member benefits, but wondered how one would utilize them without proof of membership?

MH

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    As a life member you should have received a wall plaque and other sundry items. I'd give them a call.

Last edited:

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I must have been one of the lucky ones. Not long after my package arrived, another was received. Money down the drain. :sad20:

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I must have been one of the lucky ones. Not long after my package arrived, another was received. Money down the drain. :sad20:

I joined at a base-level for now... received a "Thank you" letter... and a couple pages of "buy some stuff".

Unimpressive, really... but the important part was donating.

Nice letter from Alan Gottleib.

When did you guys join, or how long did you get acknowledgment after joining?

I'm not all that concerned about receiving anything in particular, that's not why I joined. I just wanted to verify my membership, and see if I needed anything to take advantage of member benefits.

I've been a member of MSI for quite a while now, and never got anything from them, I didn't know if SAF was the same.

MH

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I joined SAF after the Wollard case was filed. It took a while. As I said I got a nice letter. I don't care about stuff for an "I love me wall" since I don't have such a wall.

Rather see the money spent on legal fees for Mr. Gura.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    My first plaque is dated Feb 7, 2011. I can't even find the second one. :D

As for my comment regarding a waste of money, I was referring to the second package and not the SAF life membership fee.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    It was a couple of weeks between receiving the plaque and getting my membership card.
    The card arrived all by itself in an otherwise empty envelope. Plaque looks nice on my wall. :)

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I joined shortly before Woolard was filed and got the plaque/beltbuckle etc a few weeks later. If you are just getting around to joining there are probably a lot of other win chasers and supplies may need to be restocked. After all they have been a little busy lately doing real work not just hawking memberships and swag.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    From what I understand, they switched 'systems' around the first of the year and that created a backlog, dupes, and missed registrations.

They are pretty responsive though, so give them a call. I've called and actually spoken with Alan Gottlieb myself.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Thanks again for all of the responses. I'll give them a few weeks, then maybe an email or a call. Like I said before, I'm not concerned about the "gifts", I just want to make sure that my membership went through.

MH

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    For those who became SAF members, did you receive anything, like a membership card, member# or anything? I became a life member, but never received anything other than my paypal receipt. I was on their site and saw member benefits, but wondered how one would utilize them without proof of membership?

MH

Yes, I did. A biz. sized card, like the NRA, though less fancy

parashootman

Dec 7, 2007
    I went to Life Member about 1 1/2 yrs. ago.SAF ROCKS! Got all the goodies about 3 weeks later.
    VCDL Member for 8 yrs.
    NRA Life about 15 yrs. We claim other associations Victories as OURS!
    MSI about 1 yr.
    JFPO 5yrs.
    GOA 3yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom