• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krucam

Ultimate Member
    After the butt-kicking opinion (in 2 weeks :lol2:), will Chicago try to appeal to SCOTUS, and, will we be able to get an opinion from them with a slap down to the "only in the home" lower court nonsense?

Daley is certifiably crazy (being nice here) but even they wouldn't be dumb enough to send this one up the food chain. Personally, there are better cases out there for the "in the home" argument than this one.

To Storm40...sorry, it is the standard answer at Calguns to an unknowable answer...I'd guess 2 months tops, 1 if Gura helps them write the Injunction...:innocent0

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Proposed injunction was already written. I think within 2 months is reasonable, though the circuit could go much faster due to the fact that Temporary Restraining Orders are time-sensitive. They are awarded when the damage is ongoing and extreme.

So it makes sense that if they are looking at issuing (or remanding with enough guidance to force the district to issue one) that it might be fast.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I wonder how many drinks Chicago's lawyer had to guzzle after that. It wouldn't surprise me if he tells them never to ask him to represent that kind of garbage again.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MLK was killed with a rifle, not a concealed pistol IIRC.

Once again, the anti's hysteria and lack of facts or reason is shown in clear contrast to the actual facts. (to me anyway)

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    The comments on the article are interesting...

Daley invokes the King assassination. One commenter points out that Martin Luther King applied for, but was denied, a pistol carry permit in Alabama in 1956.

My quick scan suggests 100% of the comments are pro-carry. This echoes views from my sisters-in-law and their friends in Chicago. They are young (under 30) and to a person all think shall-issue should pass and be held against Chicago. They are not the typical conservative group - I would generally call them quite liberal.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Daley invokes the King assassination. One commenter points out that Martin Luther King applied for, but was denied, a pistol carry permit in Alabama in 1956.

My quick scan suggests 100% of the comments are pro-carry. This echoes views from my sisters-in-law and their friends in Chicago. They are young (under 30) and to a person all think shall-issue should pass and be held against Chicago. They are not the typical conservative group - I would generally call them quite liberal.

Just goes to show freedom can be infectious. IL citizens, when confronted with the facts that most of the country allows public carry, start to ask,"Why not us?"

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    My quick scan suggests 100% of the comments are pro-carry.

Same with my scan of the comments. I wonder how long before Baltimore, NY, LA and others cities start seeing "the light"?

Overcoming 80 to 100 years of prejudice against gun ownership will take awhile to overcome.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I'm surprised Baltimore residents are not there yet. That is one violent place.

LA and NYC are relatively peaceful. If they have been trained to believe that peace has come due to the onerous gun laws, they have no reason to doubt it. After all, why change something that works?

We believe that the two are not connected - that fewer guns do not equate to less crime - but we don't vote in those jurisdictions. So our voice rings hollow.

Chicago is falling. Baltimore could be next, but we'd really have to work at it.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Chicago boxed themselves in when they banned ranges. It was a strategic blunder of the first order.

Had they just played the zoning issue and not banned all ublic ranges, the fight would have gone on forever and Chicago would have probably prevailed on most points. Courts do not like to overturn zoning decisions. Now every zoning call they make is going to be colored by their dumb arguments and open attempt to limit exercise of the 2A - meaning a court is going to look at their zoning results not as an issue of zoning, but one that also must be suspect as infringing on a fundamental right.

I forgot that Sykes assigned strict in Skoien.

Thanks God we have such nitwits on the other side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom