• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Sounds like I might have to hurry up and buy a bunch of guns I've just been thinking about. Kinda like what I did back in '12. Really helped my collection grow....

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    It's not likely to be around very long even if they do hammer it through.

Any time around is too long. Unfortunately, the courts seem to take forever.

Besides, my GF will completely understand and support buying stuff now if it's going to be more expensive later. Not that she really cares if I do buy things now, but she'll be like, yeah, I think you need to get those before they do that tax increase. Gotta make lemon aide when there isn't any alternative.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Any time around is too long. Unfortunately, the courts seem to take forever.

Besides, my GF will completely understand and support buying stuff now if it's going to be more expensive later. Not that she really cares if I do buy things now, but she'll be like, yeah, I think you need to get those before they do that tax increase. Gotta make lemon aide when there isn't any alternative.
    True that. Get your bag, booboo.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I try to stay engaged,, but they make it hard.
    How long until the vote record is posted?
    The committee record was already posted. The floor vote is rarely posted and requires someone to be in the gallery to take a picture of the voting board.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    It's not likely to be around very long even if they do hammer it through.
    Are you implying it will be overturned as unconstitutional?

How is this tax any different than the 9% tax on alcohol?

Piss on the MGA, but I doubt it will be overturned.

And this nonsense about the inner city poor is nonsense.

If they can't afford a $300 gun, a $333 won't make a difference.

Piss on the MGA.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Are you implying it will be overturned as unconstitutional?

How is this tax any different than the 9% tax on alcohol?

Piss on the MGA, but I doubt it will be overturned.

And this nonsense about the inner city poor is nonsense.

If they can't afford a $300 gun, a $333 won't make a difference.

Piss on the MGA.
    Taxes specifically targeted to burden inalienable rights such as poll taxes or newspaper printing ink have been found unconstitutional in SCOTUS opinions. Therefore taxes on "The right to keep and bear arms." are likely to also be found unconstitutional.

"The Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act (also known as the Pittman-Robertson Act (PR)) became law in 1937" This is an excise tax at the wholesale level that was requested by the firearms and ammunition industry specifically targeted to wildlife preservation so it has not been challenged as far as I know.
    Link to NSSF PDF:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Sooo... Just ordered a P365 XL and ammo :) Why wait. Wife is GTG
    I am waiting on ammo, only because I just moved and moving is a good way to make you literally take inventory of what you own and let it sink in just how much that really is.

I did buy a GP100 and if this passes, there are a few others I want to try to acquire between now and next summer.

I am doing that thing I hate people do, but anyone who has read the bill, is this on just the sales of guns and ammo? Or is this on gross receipts of an FFL no matter what they sell? I am just thinking the Walmart issue there.

Lastly, is this a supplemental tax? Or is this in addition to sales tax? Just wondering if at the end of the day, this is 5% hit, or is a full 11% hit on top of the 6% we already have to pay (and ignoring the 11% of the R-P taxes).

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    The committee record was already posted. The floor vote is rarely posted and requires someone to be in the gallery to take a picture of the voting board.
    UFB,,, the depths the MGA goes through to not let us know what they are doing.
    Anyone know if Sen Jackson voted for this?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    My Right to P-A-R-T-Y is not enumerated. :drunk:
    There is already a federal 11% tax on ammo and firearms accessories that goes directly to national natural resources preservation.

What makes you think an additional 9% at the state level would be ruled Unconstitutional?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    UFB,,, the depths the MGA goes through to not let us know what they are doing.
    Anyone know if Sen Jackson voted for this?
    The only time a floor voting record is taken is when a roll call vote is called for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom