SB0281 - Firearm Safety Act of 2013 (aka, AWB)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I sent another round of emails.. I get more pissed each day that I can't be there on the 8th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this garbage doesn't pass and the turnout on the 8th is so overwhelming that its struck down.. Wishful thinking, but we have to be thinking positive...

Make phone calls to the sponsors of the bill. Tie their office into knots. Their staffs are incredibly small and a few minutes here and a few minutes there can really wreck their day.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    According to this law, you can continue to POSSESS an assault weapon... But that is it. You cannot transport it within the state. You can either leave it on your own property or turn it in to your overlords. No repairs. No taking it to the range.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I'm hoping it's not worth making into a poster because it won't be needed in a few months :thumbsup:

That poster is as Byzantine as the California law. It should not be that hard to figure out that all arms are protected by the second amendment without infringement. What a turd of a bill.

I think that it's important to discuss the loop holes in the bill however, as anything this stupid is destined to be relegated dustbin of history. I am so glad that I am not in MD anymore. What a ridiculous state!

M

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Make phone calls to the sponsors of the bill. Tie their office into knots. Their staffs are incredibly small and a few minutes here and a few minutes there can really wreck their day.
    Should we make a coordinated "bill sponsor" phone call day this week? Like Thursday or Friday?

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

What tactic are you guys using on the phone calls.. I've been writing, but haven't called yet.. Looking for advice on that one.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

I like the way you think

Monkey wrenching is a time honored political tool. We don't make nearly as good a use of it as some other advocacy groups.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    What tactic are you guys using on the phone calls.. I've been writing, but haven't called yet.. Looking for advice on that one.

Basically all you can do is say, "I want to register my opposition to....".

The staffers usually could care less one way or the other, though you'll have some true believers.

However, you can talk really slowly and ask a lot of questions, too....:innocent0

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Basically all you can do is say, "I want to register my opposition to....".

The staffers usually could care less one way or the other, though you'll have some true believers.

However, you can talk really slowly and ask a lot of questions, too....:innocent0

ahh, so you get through to a staffer? I could tie up some sponsors for a bit...

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Monkey wrenching is a time honored political tool. We don't make nearly as good a use of it as some other advocacy groups.
    Overloading their in boxes, their fax lines, their phone lines...shut down their ability to deal with other issues that they need to.

I've seen an average of 70 members and 50 guests on this thread throughout the day. I hope every single one of you have called/emailed/communicated in one way or another.

IL beat back their bills...NY had to resort to backroom deals, slight of hands, AND a break of protocols and rules to pass their crap.

Threaten them with the ballot petition...tell them we will waste tax payer dollars by fighting them in court...tell them New Yorkers are openly refusing to comply, tell them we will do the same. What ever it takes, our rights are not for sale or for compromise.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    According to this law, you can continue to POSSESS an assault weapon... But that is it. You cannot transport it within the state. You can either leave it on your own property or turn it in to your overlords. No repairs. No taking it to the range.

I may have missed where it prohibits the transport WITHIN the state. I see where it's a violation to transport INTO the state.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I may have missed where it prohibits the transport WITHIN the state. I see where it's a violation to transport INTO the state.

I agree, I should know better than to assume in this state, but think that transport would continue to be as a rifle. But I haven't read through the whole thing yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom