SB1 (2023) - Criminal Law - Wearing, Carrying, or Transporting Firearms - Restrictions (Gun Safety Act of 2023)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I wrote this to Clippinger before the Bills passage:

Dear Delegate Clippinger,

In a recent House hearing you stated that the 3rd Amendment allows for the prohibition of firearms on private property.

I would like to remind you that the 3rd Amendment was about the quartering of soldiers not the prohibiting of arms on private property by non soldiers.

Quartering is providing housing and food.

The argument that was made doesn't comply with text and tradition of the founding area.

Therefore, I request you vote against the passage of SB1.

I will not go into the other constitutional issues with this bill at this time however if you would like to know more about my views about the unconstitutionality of this bill, please feel free to contact me.
    I assume the good Delegate didn't enthusiastically reach out to learn more?

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Which is extremely ironic because "owning a business that required one to handle a lot of cash" was on of the "good and substantial" reasons you could use to obtain a permit before the NYSRPA v. Bruen decision. Imagine a world where SCOTUS rights some wrongs and now everyone (including those who were special enough to get permits before) have even LESS rights. What a messed up state this is, blatantly passing laws and getting away with it. At one point during one of the hearings a couple of weeks ago, I heard Clippinger say something like, "That is for the courts to decide." Sure, let's have the state pay for defense of your unconstitutional law you forced through knowing full well it was unconstitutional. No penalty for him, so no big deal, right?
    Waldstriker even had the audacity to state during the hearings that the good and substantial reason was better because now under Bruen, the good and substantial reason no longer applies which means that those people can no longer carry.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Without having to read thru this entire thread, what's the current status of this bill?

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    Since you're an MSI member, look at their website.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    These threads do get really side tracked and bloated making it hard to figure out what's going on. Usually going back to the last 3-5 pages you can figure it out.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Did HB824 do away with exemption of the training requirement for active military and military retirees? I can't seem to figure out if that was part of it.

ustasc

Jan 14, 2014
    Battered Gun Owner Syndrom, of which you appear to have a ver severe case.
    lol yes I know what it means. Instead of insulting fellow 2nd amendment people, maybe it's a better idea to work together and appear for hearings when they happen in Annapolis. A difference of opinion is what this country was founded upon. And, all I'm doing is sharing my opinion. Just saying, there is a reason why cops don't go around carrying openly. Surprise and we don't want the attention. Some people want the attention, and to each there own.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Pretty soon we'll have to reopen the MDS Thunderdome

Two members enter, one member leaves

I believe we have evolved as a society and the way to settle differences is through a game of “Facts vs Volume”
    Whomever can scream their position loudest wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I believe we have evolved as a society and the way to settle differences is through a game of “Facts vs Volume”
    Whomever can scream their position loudest wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Certainly true for many folks anymore. We're losing the art of debate

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom