SB1 - Injunctive relief is provided for private property, locations that sell alcohol, and public demonstrations.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The absolute supremecy of private property providing service/ accommodation to the public has sailed from the dock long ago .

As long as certain civil rights are mandated to be respected , the issue is accepting some , and arbitrarily rejecting others .

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Occam is correct, there was no previous text in law, it was interpretation by MSP. SB1 specifically added text relating to concealed only. There is no conflict.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Occam is correct, there was no previous text in law, it was interpretation by MSP. SB1 specifically added text relating to concealed only. There is no conflict.

Not that they couldn't have done so if they wished , needed to .

Just look at any of the bills , with brackets and italics , to show what removed , and what added .

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Oh okay. I thought the reason why we call it a wear and carry instead of a concealed carry was because it was for both as written in the law. I get it now. It doesn't specify either so it's for both. Well was
    In Maryland, it is a “Handgun Permit”. (Refer to top of permit card.)

“Wear and carry permit”, “CCW permit”, and all the other names, are just informal terminology folks use to refer to the HGP - more of a description/function of the permit as opposed to its name.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

“Wear and carry permit”, “CCW permit”, and all the other names, are just informal terminology folks use to refer to the HGP - more of a description/function of the permit as opposed to its name.

MSP, the issuer, calls it a "Wear and Carry Permit" so it is not "informal terminology".

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    These are great news, but not great enough. I have a huge concern with how the courts are trending in their interpretation of Bruen with respect to the historical analysis. Both the MoCo judge that denied the Preliminary injunction and the judge on Friday are treating 1868 (14th ammendment ratification) as valid historical precedent... which is completely absurd. Their justification is also such bs, clearly politically motivated. That is really bad news for us. The reason the judge granted the injunction on the private property portion of SB1 was because of the racial discrimination intent of the historical laws provided as an example by the State. In the end, they are not using the intent of the 2A and the history of gun restrictions at ratification like they do for the rest of the bill of rights, but instead they are using a much more restrictive time period.

Although I'm happy the judge saw some "reason" unlike the judge in the MoCo case... it is a very concerned patter and a slap back at Bruen from the lower courts and liberal judges.

I found this interesting paper discussing similar concerns:
    If you like that paper you should also like Mark Smith's YouTube channel The Four Boxes Dinner, it will make you the smartest person in the room:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Was it just me or didn't it feel pretty damn good to conceal carry today? Same sensation I had when my w&c permit arrived in the mail :D
    Funny you say that. I went to the grocery store late afternoon and I felt all covert and secret-squirrel doing so. I totally forgot until I left the store to check the front door. Nothing banning it posted, at least not yet.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Other way around .

Wear & Carry Permit is the actual true name established by law .

" Handgun Permit " is made up out of thin air by MSP LD .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom