• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmotily

Mar 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    First, thanks for all this information, it has been really helpful. Second, I guess a question to make sure I'm understanding this all correctly.

I have a stripped lower to be completed in the next month or so. I just bought it, filled out all paper work, and am just waiting for the background check to finish.

All I'm waiting on is some sort of an upper & BCG and then my AR will be complete.

A) Will I have to have this finished by 10/1/13 to be grandfathered in? Or will it not matter if it is finished by then, because I already had the lower by then?

B) Will I have to register anything or fill out anymore paperwork even though I did that then when I purchased the lower? Will I have to register the gun once it's "complete"? Or will that not be necessary because I already did the registering with the lower?

Thanks again to all the people who put this together and answered questions. I really appreciate it!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They can't have it both ways.
    They will absolutely try to, IMHO; their current interpretation of the law can be changed on a whim, and to be retroactive as such. Nothing stopping them at all. I don't know about you, but I'm not throwing myself onto the mercy of the state if I can avoid it.

I will update the FAQ at some point to include the "named lists", just so people understand why all non-HBAR AR-15s are banned.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I will update the FAQ at some point to include the "named lists", just so people understand why all non-HBAR AR-15s are banned.

I'm not giving up this point yet. Past interpretation of the definitions of copies give some hope. We'll discuss it more if the bill passes.

-Jim

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I kept wondering since if i have to registered it, it would be 50 bucks per firearms or is it 50 bucks for the whole thing ?
    You're thinking of the handgun license, which is a different problem entirely. Worst case scenario on banned gun registration is $15 each if you register them past October 1.

Updated the FAQ with the list of banned assault long guns.

mandragon1991

Jul 8, 2012
    So under the current bill, we wont have to get a licence to keep the handguns we already own? I kept reading articles online that was saying we would have to get one to keep the handguns we already own, and it would have to be renewed every five years.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    So under the current bill, we wont have to get a licence to keep the handguns we already own? I kept reading articles online that was saying we would have to get one to keep the handguns we already own, and it would have to be renewed every five years.

The bill states you need a license to "purchase, rent or receive" a handgun.

You won't need it for ones you already own.

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    What a mess.

Because having an adjustable stock plus a flash hider automatically turns your AR into a baby killer. Sorry, it still pisses me off.

I thought this was a sticky?

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    What a mess.

Because having an adjustable stock plus a flash hider automatically turns your AR into a baby killer. Sorry, it still pisses me off.

I thought this was a sticky?

I believe any .223/5.56 AR except 1 is on the banned list. I think the evil features would apply to other centerfire rifles.

Q: Are AR-15 rifles that can accept 5.56x45 mags in the magwell and function with a 5.56x45 upper banned?
    A: Unless it's an HBAR, yes. They are named assault long guns.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Just read the Bill; I found this part particularly humorous:

making it
    a misdemeanor to use an assault long gun or a copycat weapon or a magazine
    that exceeds a certain maximum capacity of rounds of ammunition in the
    commission of a felony or a crime of violence;

Talk about some serious teeth; after committing an ARMED ROBBERY, surely wouldn't want to get hit with a misdemeanor charge. :rolleyes:

I'm still baffled by the legality of the licensing.

If this shit passes, I think we should go for broke and license women to vote.

Communists.

Cbear

Mar 13, 2013
    In regards to the ban on shotguns, do we have to register shotguns that have the "evil features"? I'm confused on this. Since shotguns aren't regulated now. Any insight?

Ouhuzo

Mar 2, 2013
    What urks me is that, according to post #1, Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle is not "banned" by name but a similar Bushmaster model is, being an "imitation."

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Check the editing date of the first post. Until this is updated for recent developments, you may not have the most recent information

Note first post at the moment says: Last edited by erwos; March 12th, 2013 at 02:28 PM.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Check the editing date of the first post. Until this is updated for recent developments, you may not have the most recent information

Note first post at the moment says: Last edited by erwos; March 12th, 2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Yep. I'm an Orthodox Jew, so I was offline Friday night until about now. I will update the FAQ when the new reading is posted up for me to sort through. At the moment, I have no idea what amendments passed. If Vallario gutted the copycat test as predicted, that's a pretty big change that I'll need to account for.

There are also some questions about OAL that need answering; the lack of definition for the OAL test is a huge problem that needs an amendment, stat.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    So, of all the list that was mentioned about the evil features of a firearm. Are these lists something that you can't own anymore after the ban effective date? or is it still legal to own them if you acquired them before the ban date? Installed or not?

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    It might help, maybe not just for me, to state at the beginning of the first post that "banned means that after 10/1 those firearms that don't pass the feature test will likely no longer be for sale here but any gun with any evil features, whether long gun or pistol, will not be affected if owned before 10/1." Is that a true statement, as it stands right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom