• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Jacobs is killing it right now with stories of citizens saving lives with concealed carry permits...but just like every other time in these hearings that somebody has made sense and made great points, the senators with their minds already made up are probably not paying attention, playing chess, or sitting there with a smirk on their faces thinking "blah, blah, blah...how long til they're done talking and I can vote against this person that keeps talking..."

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Can anyone explain how these new proposed gun laws will get the illegal guns off the street? Are the criminals going to come in and register their illegal guns and submit their fingerprints?

This is not about illegal guns and criminals. It is a prelude to confiscation / outright ban of everything.

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Patrick - how do we get this to a referendum vote?

Why would you want a referendum on the civil rights.

Think about it. We live in a State that overwhelmingly voted FOR O'Malley AND Obama.

Would you be willing to risk your 2nd Amendment rights at the hands of those people?

Referendum for civil rights = bad

rhull1971

Jul 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    How could that possibly happen with the Anti dems in control. Won't happen.

True... We've been trying to get rid of Baron Von Frosh for years! Love to see him vacate that position but I think he'd probably have much to say about his successor!

God please keep that idiot from the Attorney Generals office!

frosty

Aug 17, 2012
    Mount Airy, MD
    you get a recall on this message? I did.

Got another version

I did, but no other info except that he;d like to recall the message?

I responded back inquiring what it was about, but nothing yet.

Anyone heard anything else form their senators?

Edit:

I dont think it was recalled due to leaving anything out. They CC'd everyone in the first email instead of BCC'ing them which exposed all their email addresses.

Looking at both copies the wording is the same.

rhull1971

Jul 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    All of this garbage is hilarious... I cant imagine that it will succeed when it finally gets taken to court... It's so unconstitutional it's rediculous!

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    This is not about illegal guns and criminals. It is a prelude to confiscation / outright ban of everything.

This was brought up last night near the end of the testimony. About there being a disconnect between the citizens and the legislature as wew have seen our rights chipped away at slowly over the years. I don't know who was speaking, but he was good and brought up some good points. Didn't make any difference, but at least he tried.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Why would you want a referendum on the civil rights.

Think about it. We live in a State that overwhelmingly voted FOR O'Malley AND Obama.

Would you be willing to risk your 2nd Amendment rights at the hands of those people?

Referendum for civil rights = bad

Referendum would be our last chance. At that point it would be a law if it didn't go, so we would have nothing left to loose. It would also be in the mid term election, which is always a lower turn out. If pro 2a people would all register to vote, we could beat it there.

rhull1971

Jul 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Referendum would be our last chance. At that point it would be a law if it didn't go, so we would have nothing left to loose. It would also be in the mid term election, which is always a lower turn out. If pro 2a people would all register to vote, we could beat it there.

Absolutely... Look at the turn out on the 8th. Way more of our people showed up. It was like 3000 to 100 (maybe) in our favor. If that's any indication of what would happen in a public vote, it's worth it.

Also, the general public isnt controlled by Von Frosh.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom