• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    I noticed that issue right after I got my SCAR last March, as the bolt would not close with the plastic mags in. The bolt catch in the SCAR is offset to the left as compared to the AR, which is centered on the mag well. I only had a few so it was easy to do.

Standard metal GI mags work just fine.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    2SAM22.....you've done all your homework on the SCAR......only one thing left to do.......

BTW...if ones know the real name of a poster, is it OK to use it?? Or just stick to screen name?

glock_forty5

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2007
    I noticed that issue right after I got my SCAR last March, as the bolt would not close with the plastic mags in. The bolt catch in the SCAR is offset to the left as compared to the AR, which is centered on the mag well. I only had a few so it was easy to do.

Standard metal GI mags work just fine.

Did you try the Magpul E-mag?

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Emags and tangodown mags are both supposed to work issue free. I've read positive reviews on both from many sites.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    The mag isnt making the damaging contact, its the bolt catch that the PMag is partially engaging. The Bolt Catch makes contact with the locking lugs and thus the damage.

Yeah, i just saw that in the video. Interesting design flaw there. I'm surprised FN didnt find this in their testing when they were trying different mags in their gun.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Yeah, i just saw that in the video. Interesting design flaw there. I'm surprised FN didnt find this in their testing when they were trying different mags in their gun.

Agreed but probably because .mil doesn't use Pmags. Still they should have known the private sales would most definitely be using Pmags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom