• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thankyou. Im just small beans in the scheme of things, but I wil follow my convictions and Ill do whatever I can (however insignificant) to do what is right.

I believe you will follow your convictions, as you have always done so. I do not always agree with where you stand on issues, but I have an enormous amount of respect for you for that reason.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Is it any different then working on post-86 F/A item?

Any gunsmiths refuse to work on those since common Joe cant get one?

It depends on the State. The FEDERAL GOVT are the ones who created the 86FOPA, not MD or NY.

So, if a NYS L.E. Agency called me and asked me to do work I would refuse because NY Residents cant have ANY NFA Items period. If a D.C. or Federal Agency asked I would respond the same.

Maryland allows these items if legally acquired, the Feds made ones made after a certain date illegal for joe blow. There is a difference.

Barrett sold a good bit of M82's to the NYPD. Now they wont be getting parts for them. Say what you want but Barrett sells ALOT of stuff to Govt Agencies. They dont care, their values mean more than a buck.

There are shady people that I come in contact with all of the time as a Gunsmtih wanting me to do work. I cant prove anything illegal may happen if I did work for these people, but I still refuse those kind of people regardless. My convictions mean more than a buck.

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    All we can do is take note of this, and as consumers, we should not buy any of their products, support those that support us, and forget about the rest.

ENT Shooter

Aug 21, 2011
    Towson Maryland
    Local FFL and gun shops in MD, especially small ones, will have a very rough time if this bill becomes law. Purchaser of new firearms will tank. Many will have already purchased and will make no new buys.
    Consignment and Shipping firearms won't make up for much of the lost business.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Armalite would have no problem selling to civvies at the moment.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Last edited:

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    It depends on the State. The FEDERAL GOVT are the ones who created the 86FOPA, not MD or NY.

So, if a NYS L.E. Agency called me and asked me to do work I would refuse because NY Residents cant have ANY NFA Items period. If a D.C. or Federal Agency asked I would respond the same.

Maryland allows these items if legally acquired, the Feds made ones made after a certain date illegal for joe blow. There is a difference.

Barrett sold a good bit of M82's to the NYPD. Now they wont be getting parts for them. Say what you want but Barrett sells ALOT of stuff to Govt Agencies. They dont care, their values mean more than a buck.

There are shady people that I come in contact with all of the time as a Gunsmtih wanting me to do work. I cant prove anything illegal may happen if I did work for these people, but I still refuse those kind of people regardless. My convictions mean more than a buck.

You make your living in an industry where ethics MUST matter. We are glad they do matter to you.

I don't know where/how it happened, but somewhere along the line the industry lost a lot of faith with people who rode the proverbial fence on the issue. It won't be easy for them to gain it back. Isgh, its the sheeple again, I'm afraid.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    People can make a difference if enough folks get together and make a statement with their wallets.

Smith and Wesson suffered years ago for their actions.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    As was posted in the other thread Law enforcement sales are less than 1% of gun sales in this country. So who is walking away from business?

The rules should apply equally to everyone in the state. If the state government decides we don't need access to certain firearms, than neither do they.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Sounds like the Armalite/NYC LEO deal is a workaround to allow the LEO's to acquire an AW and then take it home with them with the rubber stamp approval of the supervisor. I don't know of any LEO who would spend their personal money to buy a firearm and then let the police station keep it when he/she retired/quit. By the way, which interpretation of "assault weapon" is being used in this scenario? Fully auto or the Semi's with scary appendages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom