• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Dan, they are! I put wood stocks on one and a polychoke on one and its a blast! Looks like a hunting gun. But I took it down to the Prince George's county sporting clay place and the manager went off on me about how I was using an assault weapon and if he allowed me to bring it back the media might find out and shut them down ! No bullsh*t ! I never loaded or shot more than 2 shells. Turns out I was a couple inches short of the 23 inch min. and it was a little louder . He said there had been others taking the saigas there and using buckshot etc. Oh well, can still use it other places.

That's crazy! A lot of shotgun guns really aren't that concerned with current legislation....sad, they will learn some day.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Right now the MKA-1919s are starting to kill the Saigas in 3-gun. A full open class Saiga properly setup for 3-gun open division will cost around $3000. the 1919 AR shotgun will do it for less and be more reliable.

Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    My first semi auto shottie was a SPAS12.
    Recently purchased a Mossberg 930 SPX, and it is a very good gun.
    They make the 930 JM Pro all tricked out as well

5-inch/54

Aug 23, 2012
    Annapolis
    ever think about the Stoeger M200? wood stock and Benelli action...smooth and around $420 new at Dick's
    Stoeger M2000. Stoeger now offers the M3000 -- without the nice walnut stock. I like wood so I got a 2000 from Gunbroker.com. I read extensively on the web on how to break it in (Yes, break it in. Mfr recommends it.) to avoid problems the older 2000's seem to have had. My price was under $300. The gun turned out to be like new. It shoots well without a hitch. I am very happy with this 12ga.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Find a Browning Auto-5 or pretty much any Benelli. Both are worth the cash and are pretty much indestructible.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I have 2 Auto-5's (and I'd get a Japanese over a Belgium gun- steels harder if you shoot steel shot and choke tube guns are available). Great guns and they should appreciate in value (you were looking to add to a collection). Only negative is having to set the rings for the particular kind of shells you are shooting and that's true no matter if you have the Light 12 (2-3/4/ only) or the 12 magnum . If you want an all-around Browning, look at the A-500 (I have one of those as well). They will shoot 2-3/4 or 3" shells in any order). A Remington 1187 would be a better choice in my book than an 1100 if you have any intention of including waterfowl to your hunting. The Mossbergs are pretty solid...but unlikely to appreciate much. The Benelli's are mostly kind'a expensive although that new Browning a-5 is as well. If you want 'bad-azz' or military looks, the Mossberg's and Remingtons generally have a lot of hardware available. Beretta's and Benelli's are excellent guns that can double as hunting guns as well. While can't speak directly to the new A-5's, they look/sound nice. The new A-5's are now available in 3-1/2" mag. That lets you shoot basically any 12 gauge available above a 2-3/4 1 oz load right up through the 3-1/2 shells. A few complaints have been lodged on blogs regarding shooting light 2-3/4 loads, but making sure all traces of cosmoline are gone seems to fix a lot of 'em. Browning has a 5 year 100k shell warrantee on the gun. I believe Albright's om the shore still has an excellent Browning certified Gunsmith if you should need any warrantee work. I have a bit of a hankering for one of them myself. It would look good next to my 2 A-5's my A500, my Browning BSS, My Citori, my Browning BLR, and my Browning BL-22. Hmmmm!

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Get a Saiga-12. WHY? Because after October 1st you can still buy the other suggestions.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I have been contemplating thoughts of buying a semi-auto myself for the past few weeks and I just can not bring myself to actually buy one. I have been using a pump shotgun for Clays, Crows, and Geese for so long, a semi-auto just doesn't seem right, but, I would probably jump on one if the price was right.

Any shotgun over a couple hundred dollars for clays, Crow, Geese is just not worth the expense in my opinion. If I were out there shooting competition for the purpose of trying to beat out someone for a top spot then maybe an expensive gun is worth the investment, but, general shooting of clays and birds... I'll keep knocking them down with the old Mossberg 500.

carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    I've got a Mossberg 930SPX that I like, but have been looking hard at the Remington VersaMax Tactical.

Too bad UTAS doesn't make a semi version of the UTS-15. Man, that'd be a hoot.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Get a Saiga-12. WHY? Because after October 1st you can still buy the other suggestions.

WRONG!!!!

The law only says AK RIFLES it says nothing about shotguns. You won't be able to add a folding stock to it.

If your FFL says so then he is a moron and you should move on. Give business to FFL's who know the law.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    Get a vepr12 from preorder atlanticfirearms.com all the benefits of a coverted saiga and some that costs less

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom