• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    A few options, but a threaded bull barrel is $115, so I am told the cheapest in over a year.

I just ordered one and all in (tax, shipping, etc) comes to $126.74

Heavy contour, premium-grade “Bentz” chambered .22 LR barrel provides an immediate improvement in accuracy over your original factory barrel. Close-tolerance Bentz chamber combines the accuracy of a match grade chamber with the reliable cycling of a standard factory chamber. Extra-heavy, untapered .920" O.D. provides maximum stability for greater shot-to-shot consistency. Use with standard or match grade ammunition; not for use with CCI Stinger ammunition. Minor fitting to stock may be required. Chrome-moly models have polished blue finish and are available in an 18" length with dished crown or a 16 ½" length with ½"-28 tpi threaded muzzle for adding a compensator. Stainless model available in smooth 18" long barrel or patented helical fluting for greater heat dissipation, less weight, and improved barrel harmonics. Both have dished crown.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    That’s a pretty good deal if it shoots well. I’ve had pretty good results with a Green Mountain barrel. You’ll have a good time going through 20-30 different flavors of match ammo to find out what it likes best. If you don’t, you’ll be leaving a lot on the table.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Any updates on this?

I'm asking because I've got this 10/22 sitting in my safe that I bought many years ago, but very rarely gets shot. Now that I have the Bergara B14R, my wife thinks she wants to do more 22 shooting - thinks it's fun in fact. This would be a great way to have both of us shooting together, and it would give me a project to work on.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Bentz is intended to be a Compromise chamber . Tighter than SAAMI Sporting , loose than true match , with the * intention * of usually feeding most ammo in a Semiauto.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Green Mountain barrels are a great compromise of price and performance.
    Any updates on this?

I'm asking because I've got this 10/22 sitting in my safe that I bought many years ago, but very rarely gets shot. Now that I have the Bergara B14R, my wife thinks she wants to do more 22 shooting - thinks it's fun in fact. This would be a great way to have both of us shooting together, and it would give me a project to work on.

nosbocaj

Oct 11, 2021
    A few options, but a threaded bull barrel is $115, so I am told the cheapest in over a year.

I just ordered one and all in (tax, shipping, etc) comes to $126.74

Heavy contour, premium-grade “Bentz” chambered .22 LR barrel provides an immediate improvement in accuracy over your original factory barrel. Close-tolerance Bentz chamber combines the accuracy of a match grade chamber with the reliable cycling of a standard factory chamber. Extra-heavy, untapered .920" O.D. provides maximum stability for greater shot-to-shot consistency. Use with standard or match grade ammunition; not for use with CCI Stinger ammunition. Minor fitting to stock may be required. Chrome-moly models have polished blue finish and are available in an 18" length with dished crown or a 16 ½" length with ½"-28 tpi threaded muzzle for adding a compensator. Stainless model available in smooth 18" long barrel or patented helical fluting for greater heat dissipation, less weight, and improved barrel harmonics. Both have dished crown.

I picked this barrel up last week when it was $99. Figured it was worth a shot at that price. It came in yesterday. It didn't come with a thread protector, which wasn't stated on the Brownells site (though it was pictured without one). Fit and finish looks good. I was NOT able to get it to seat into my Fletcher Rifle Works receiver. I contacted Shaw and they told me to stand by while they work on a solution (they did say to NOT sand it). So I guess we'll have to wait and see if I have to return it.

easy

Nov 25, 2011
    SEOK
    Did you mic out receiver hole and bbl shank?
    Have you tried 'warming up' your receiver and chilling(stick it in the freezer overnight) your bbl?

nosbocaj

Oct 11, 2021
    Did you mic out receiver hole and bbl shank?
    Have you tried 'warming up' your receiver and chilling(stick it in the freezer overnight) your bbl?

Not yet, no. I'm sure that'll work just fine. I talked with Shaw and they told me that heat should do it and to NOT sand the shank.

That being said, I might just save this barrel for a future build or sell it. My 10/22 is sitting in a Samson B-TM stock, which is pretty light towards the back. I'm probably going to grab a KIDD Ultralight or something similar, which should balance much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom