• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Funny you mentioned the dryer.

I was part owner in 2 small laundry mats and I still have a small collection of .25 and .22 ammo I found when we would have to service machines. .25's must have been really popular with the laundry mat customers. Never heard of any going off in the dryer.

LongTom

Jan 13, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    My friend is one of those people who hears a lot of urban legends with no facts backing them up, believes them, and then retells them to other people. One of the rumors he heard is that modern ammunition is loaded with a quickly deteriorating gunpowder that will make the ammo useless in several years. I didn't believe him. Now after reading this thread, I feel vindicated.

Don't take this the wrong way but your friend sounds like about a dozen people I would have loved to beat the piss out of over the years.:innocent0:innocent0:innocent0:D

On that same topic, one of the things I CAN NOT STAND is mindless consumerism. Who gives a flying hoot if the company you just bought something from supports child labor in another country or if your can of Cambell's soup you just bought has two miniscule grains of chicken in it... Some people just do not give a shit and they also don't seem to F@#$*ng care that politicians are constantly eroding our civil rights.

FYI, last year I was privileged enough to shoot some Nagant ammo from WWI and it did okay (but holy F@#$K was that dangerous!). It spit lead out the sides of the cylinder!!! Then a few months later, my Grandmother gave me an ancient box of 25ACP she found and about half of those were duds but I'd say they were from the 1970s.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    It was in a covert side zipper pocket on some khakis I got from LA Police Gear. I heard a few big clunks in the dryer and then realized what was up :innocent0

I can beat that. It was around bed time and I was trying to go to sleep, but one of my roommates was running the drier (not an issue) and it kept making really loud clunking noises (definitely an issue). After staying awake listening to the loud clunking I finally gave up on going to bed just yet and went down to the drier to investigate. That's when I discovered he was drying a good-sized pocket knife along with his clothes. I asked him WTF, how did he not realize something was wrong, and he didn't have any good reason. He wasn't listening to music or anything, so he heard the same clunking I did. He just didn't think to investigate it :sad20:

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    good storage conditions = our lifetime
    found some old "paper" .410 shotgun shells tried one still went bang and some old "steel" cased .30 Carbine (not new) still works, even some old FA 30/06 match ammo.

-Rock

Twanger

DINO and NRA Life
    Mar 4, 2013
    Poolesville
    A buddy gave me a 300-mag round which I put in my hunting pullovers.
    They got washed and went right into the dryer.

My wife heard something bouncing around in the dryer... and discovered the round, so hot that she could barely hold onto it. Ugh.

Se asked if she should have been worried.

No dear, I lied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom