• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    They would never be able to use one of those "fired cases" in court anyway, since there is no chain of custody.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Not true....:innocent0

Yep, not true.

I knew of an FFL who read the law as the original poster. Not sure if that FFL still has this interpretation or not, it has been years since I talked to them.

Totally stupid law only on the books now as a way to increase costs for purchase or keep manufacturers from selling in Maryland. Really, it's a bureaucratic way to discourage firearm purchases.

Splitter

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    If we did not have to deal with that horriblly dumb law, I would have gotten the sig p250c 40sw they had on aim for $359.99. Damn you MARYLAND!

Gun Connection will do the shell case test for $30! That's how I'm getting my SIG 1911 in MD.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    One thing I bet many 07 FFL's in MD that opted for an 07 instead of an 01 JUST to fire shell casings dont realize.............

If you are an 07 FFL, or an 07 FFL/S.O.T., you HAVE to have an ITAR License from the U.S. State Dept. It costs $2250.00 per year and it climbs in cost all the time. Technically every 07 in MD who dont have ITAR is in violation of this. Fines can exceed 1 MILLION per year and 10 years for EACH YEAR you operate without an ITAR License.

You need this license if you are a Firearms Manufacturer even if you dont export or plan to. BATFE does inquire and they will butt screw a dealer if they are found out not to have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom