• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    If you can't flee the state, I hope you can at least get out of the city. I could never live there, was bad enough working there before. Be safe.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    That sucks. Stinks that we all have to keep moving to avoid the crime and violence. This state prohibits us from fighting it. I grew up in the city and my family moved 2 or 3 times, playing hop scotch, trying to avoid the crime.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The sub-headline is very telling ...

First shooting since January in McElderry Park, site of anti-violence program

How's that program working out for you Mayor Rawlings-Blake ?

I would tell people NOT to move, but stay and elect 'responsible' politicians, but Baltimore is a lost cause, I'm so sad to say ...

It's all because of the City's anti-gun stance wrapped in the guise of feel-good, anti-violence (ne: anti-gun) rhetoric. Violence results from criminal behavior, lack of law enforcement, and revolving door justice, and is NOT directly attributed to guns and gun ownership. If residents were allowed to protect themselves and their property, the thugs would move on. But instead they operate with impunity because they see no consequence to their criminal behavior.

The Mayor has started some 'bold' initiatives to put violent and repeat offenders behind bars for a long time, but she and the Police Commisioner also wrapped more anti-gun BS around it that continues to leave John Q. Public unable to protect himself.

Baltimore Gun Laws: Right Question, Wrong Answer

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Just throwing this out, rhetorically, but at what point do we quit running? People where I work ask me all the time, "Why don't you move?" I tell them that I am NOT going anywhere, and in spite of the State of Maryland's constant attempt to handicap me defending myself, I still am making some headway, but move is not in my vocabulary.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    My point exactly ...

Just throwing this out, rhetorically, but at what point do we quit running? People where I work ask me all the time, "Why don't you move?" I tell them that I am NOT going anywhere, and in spite of the State of Maryland's constant attempt to handicap me defending myself, I still am making some headway, but move is not in my vocabulary.

Sometime in the not so distant future, people will start taking a stand. Unfortunately, right now it's the WRONG people who are making the most noise.

We have been making progress on the 2A front in MD, so now isn't the time to back off ... but Baltimore has been down so long it may never be able to get back on its feet without a major political upheaval regardless of what happens at the state level.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    Sometime in the not so distant future, people will start taking a stand. Unfortunately, right now it's the WRONG people who are making the most noise.

We have been making progress on the 2A front in MD, so now isn't the time to back off ... but Baltimore has been down so long it may never be able to get back on its feet without a major political upheaval regardless of what happens at the state level.

I've got a book filled with names of local crackheads, that I've had to go nose to nose with, because the legal system has let them run through the mill over and over again. They even throw up in my face the fact that, unlike me, they have nothing to lose.

I had a pair of chuckleheads walk passed my house not long ago. One looked at the other and I overheard him say, "Leave him alone, he's that crazy old b@st@rd I was telling you about". I let them pass, before I smiled to myself.

I don't want to get too prideful, but these little clowns won't leave you alone until you go grille to grille, or convince them that you are willing.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    OP, be safe and hope you get out of Bloodymore City soon. Not to be nasty, but what do you expect? It's not called Bloodymore City for nothing.:sad20:

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    OP, be safe and hope you get out of Bloodymore City soon. Not to be nasty, but what do you expect? It's not called Bloodymore City for nothing.:sad20:

At some point in time, we'll have to deal with that mess. Already, they have imported crackheads from Baltimore to Edgewood. Now Edgewood is quickly becoming Little Baltimore. Now people are taking flight from there. At some point in time you'll have to take a stand or let your grandkids deal with it. The police can't and the politicians won't.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Gotta love Maryland...tons of crime and very few ways of protecting yourself. I'm moving in February up the road to a very expensive townhome neighborhood, hopefully that will keep the element out. According to crime reports for that area, looks pretty good. PM me if you want the info, if you're looking to move.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    At some point in time, we'll have to deal with that mess. Already, they have imported crackheads from Baltimore to Edgewood. Now Edgewood is quickly becoming Little Baltimore. Now people are taking flight from there. At some point in time you'll have to take a stand or let your grandkids deal with it. The police can't and the politicians won't.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

This is what happens when you take down the high rise welfare houses and put them in section 8 housing. Why are we rewarding breeders with 8 offspring from 9 different daddies and crack heads with middle class housing? I used to live in a very nice area but when those projects came down the city started moving those low lives out into the county and now its like I moved into the getto.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD

BEcause some people aren't willing to gamble with their lives while it takes Maryland the next 25 years to finally make things better.

Personally you couldnt give me a free house in baltimore to live in. I say all the good people move out, pull the police force out. And let the crackheads and gang members have it all their own to do as they please.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    BEcause some people aren't willing to gamble with their lives while it takes Maryland the next 25 years to finally make things better.

Personally you couldnt give me a free house in baltimore to live in. I say all the good people move out, pull the police force out. And let the crackheads and gang members have it all their own to do as they please.

That's my point, it's already like that, in some sections of EVERY city I know, including Baltimore. No cops, just crackheads, pimps, and hoes. Sorry, but I just can't seem to find the word "run" in my constitution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom