• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Got bored and decided to Duracoat my SIG 522. I gave it the proper SIG treatment and used "SIG 551 Grey." It came out pretty good, I think it is close to the original SIG Grey than what SIG USA uses on the 551-A! (also pictured)

SIG551_522-3_zpsdd21961f.jpg

dirk911

May 10, 2011
    Church Hill
    Looks awesome! On a unrelated note, did your 522 come with that stock? Mine came with the lousy collapsible POS thing. Had issues with it and had the gun sent to sig and even requested to buy the style you have on yours and they wouldn't do it. Other than that its best 22 I have ever owned in terms of reliability and out of the box accuracy.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Looks awesome! On a unrelated note, did your 522 come with that stock? Mine came with the lousy collapsible POS thing. Had issues with it and had the gun sent to sig and even requested to buy the style you have on yours and they wouldn't do it. Other than that its best 22 I have ever owned in terms of reliability and out of the box accuracy.

No, bought that from SIG a while ago. Shortly after they released the 551A1, they offered the 551A1 lowers and 550 stocks individually to convert your 556. The factory stocks on the 522 suck, they replaced all the 556s with the 550 stocks and now the 522s are the only ones that come with it. You can find them on gunbroker sometimes, that is where I got my last one for my 522 SBR. Or get an adapter from DDLES and use any AR stock. Anything is better than the collapsible SIG stocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom