• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Really happy I found one, completes my SIG collection. Cant wait to shoot it next weekend. For now this PA red dot will do, sadly it is better than the red dot SIG provides. Tossed on a Midwest 556 sight that I had from my 522. Will do for now until I get some MFI MAD sights and an Aimpoint Pro. Also fixed the wiggly handguard that plagues SIG rifles :mad54:. Probably going to be my only complete purchase for the year. Got a AR lower and hope to grab a few more before Oct 1. This furlough thing is hurting my purchases :(

556R_551A1_zps5323f961.jpg

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I hear ya on that money shortage....sucks about the furlough and the sequestration or what ever the F _ _ _ you call it, other than a POLITICAL CLUSTER U KNOW WHAT :-). Of course our 2 party system is way over due for a little update....such as a NO CONFIDENCE vote, prior to having to wait every 4 years and watch one party do nothing but fight the othe one, and not work together so as to make the one look bad...But...if you actually read back through history....they were complaining about that a few hundred years ago also...hahahaha it has just gotten more serious and ALOT WORSE than just financial corruption...which is rampant by the way....:-)

But if you have a couple good friends, get them to buy 2-4 lowers for you, and just buy em back when you can, they can sell them to you for like....$20 a piece before OCT 1, then just...well...GIFT EM...at Christmas....:-) I am sure a few good friends would do that for you....just a thought...as I lost my full time job last year for a pile of BS, so I kinda know how you feel....a little anyways...:-)

Good luck with it...nice looking rifles by the way...my DREAM RIFLE before Oct 1 is a steyr AUG.....:-) Not the MSAR which is nice...but a real AUL...A3

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Nice :thumbsup:
    SIG + cheaper 7.62x39=sweet. If they weren't so expensive over an AK, I'd get one.

I bought a SLR-101 last year, so it wasn't all that much cheaper. I wanted a nice AK for my collection though. I love the 550 series rifles so naturally this one really interested me. The cheaper ammo was a big selling point for me. But the optics mounting options are a huge improvement over the AK.

I like my Sig 556R to :) love it uses ak mags !!

When I bought my SLR-101, I also bought some Circle 10 mags (5/30rd, 1/40rd). I tried them in the 556R and they were not even close to locking. I had to do some minor fitting to get them to work. I understand steel mags work well though. It came with a TAPCO and I had 2 commercial Bulgarian. They have no issues locking but I would much rather use the Circle 10's.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    When I bought my SLR-101, I also bought some Circle 10 mags (5/30rd, 1/40rd). I tried them in the 556R and they were not even close to locking. I had to do some minor fitting to get them to work. I understand steel mags work well though. It came with a TAPCO and I had 2 commercial Bulgarian. They have no issues locking but I would much rather use the Circle 10's.

Hopefully the new PMags will be a good polymer answer to 10s...

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I want a 556R soooo bad. Sadly, it will have to wait until I move to a free state. :sad20:

Enjoy it!

I am happy I found one before Oct 1. Fortunately, the 556R is not on the ban list by name. It does have the folding stock, but it wouldn't take much for SIG to sell them with pinned stocks to be compliant. The 551-A1 is toast after Oct 1 though. Complete stupidity, same rifle except for caliber...one cash/carry one banned.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    I am happy I found one before Oct 1. Fortunately, the 556R is not on the ban list by name. It does have the folding stock, but it wouldn't take much for SIG to sell them with pinned stocks to be compliant. The 551-A1 is toast after Oct 1 though. Complete stupidity, same rifle except for caliber...one cash/carry one banned.

Same deal with the 516 and 716. The stupidity is epic.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Same deal with the 516 and 716. The stupidity is epic.
    The 516 is probably going to get banned as an AR variant. I know there's a vocal minority here who claim piston ARs are different enough to dodge the named ban, but I still don't believe it.

The AUG A3CQC is dead sexy, though.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    The 516 is probably going to get banned as an AR variant. I know there's a vocal minority here who claim piston ARs are different enough to dodge the named ban, but I still don't believe it.

My hope is some of the things that are not named specifically squeak through. The Tavor for one would be nice, the 18" is already at 27⅝". Wouldn't take much to push that to 29". I just don't have the cash to spend on one before Oct 1. Wouldn't mind a SCAR either but that is pricey as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom