• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Pretty neat. Quick change barrel system for 9mm, .357SIG and .40. Uses proprietary made magazine produced by Lancer. When I first saw pics of the permanently attached muzzle break, I thought it looked like suppressor baffles. Now I know why. You can purchase a tube cover and cap which converts it to an integrally suppressed carbine (with NFA paperwork of course).

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Pretty useless...and make it a mans caliber...atleast a steroided up .22

Pistol caliber carbines for LE work...meh.

For a fun range toy okay.

I guess the new cool thing to do is to build your gun around the idea that it can be surpressed. If it's a LE market 16 inch is silly....if its a civilian market it's going to be priced insane, then tax stamp, then magazines thus very expensive over all.

I much more liked Colt's offerings of the "upgraded" AR's.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Pretty useless...and make it a mans caliber...atleast a steroided up .22

Pistol caliber carbines for LE work...meh.

For a fun range toy okay.

I guess the new cool thing to do is to build your gun around the idea that it can be surpressed. If it's a LE market 16 inch is silly....if its a civilian market it's going to be priced insane, then tax stamp, then magazines thus very expensive over all.

I much more liked Colt's offerings of the "upgraded" AR's.

They have shorter models available to the LE market. I think the idea was they could sell it non-NFA with permanent attached muzzle break/baffles. Then you could optionally pay your $200 stamp and make it integrally suppressed. Hey at least they don't pull a "Glock" and release the same damn gun in 400 sizes and calibers! :innocent0

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Handgun caliber surpressed 16 inch rifles just dont do it for me I guess.

I wonder if you SBR and Surpress it how much of the can do you cut or do you cut the barrel? That's about the only way it makes sense and you have a two stamp gun.

Maybe it's just not for me.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda

I wonder if you SBR and Surpress it how much of the can do you cut or do you cut the barrel? That's about the only way it makes sense and you have a two stamp gun.

I think you missed the point of the "brake."

16" with the can is not much longer than my 5" barrel 9mm sbr with the can on... an inch or two at most.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010

They do have a pistol version and a SBR version in addition to the carbine. The carbine just has the option of also being integrally suppressed.

I'll take a honey badger, thanks.

I'll take whatever someone wants to give me :D

I think you missed the point of the "brake."

16" with the can is not much longer than my 5" barrel 9mm sbr with the can on... an inch or two at most.

Exactly. I bought a 522 10" SBR and Gemtech G5-22 suppressor. Together it is the same size as a 16" carbine.

rtse4me

Apr 12, 2013
    Howard County
    ATF has an issue with the muzzle brake on the MPX-C. I have read it is either on hold temporarily and SIG thinks they can resolve the issue or has been redesigned with a different extension.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    ATF has an issue with the muzzle brake on the MPX-C. I have read it is either on hold temporarily and SIG thinks they can resolve the issue or has been redesigned with a different extension.

Sig neutered the monolithic stack and replaced it with a carbon fiber barrel extension. The BATFE turned it into a NerfGun. if SIG sells the SD barrel assembly. im definitely getting one.

I hope SIG sells the SD version in semi auto with a vented 16" integrally suppressed barrel. that would meet Marylands stupid gun laws, it will ne a single stamp gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom