• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    I took this big 65lb hind (dressed) yesterday morning from about 70 yards with my .300BLK. She ran 30-40 yards at most. Never really found a blood trail, but I didn't look very hard either I just walked to where I saw her go down in the woods and there she was. Overall it did very well. Thanks to Dan at Gun Connection for putting this together for me. :thumbsup:

The gun
    new iphone pix 11-27 076.JPG

The Sika
    new iphone pix 11-27 078.JPG

The shot
    new iphone pix 11-27 079.jpg

Both are entrance wounds...devastating
    new iphone pix 11-27 081.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    HEI from the looks of things. :innocent0

Agreed, it definitely did the business from looks of it.

I only ask because my preferred round for 300BLK use so far has been the 110gr V-max, but I haven't had a chance to take anything with that specific round yet.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm hoping for a chance to see what a V-max round will do, I'll readjust my loadout based on the end results.

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Nice. I'll be going on Saturday to hunt deer. I didn't have any luck this past week. It was really windy and cold.

BTW, didn't Obama and his lefty minions say those types of rifles are not used for hunting by hunters? LOL.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    congradulations on the kill. i was thinking about adding a 300 to the collection and this didnt help talk me out of it

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    congradulations on the kill. i was thinking about adding a 300 to the collection and this didnt help talk me out of it

Agreed..nice to see what it can do. Although the ONLY reason I would want a .300 is to suppress and can't do that legally in MD while hunting.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Agreed..nice to see what it can do. Although the ONLY reason I would want a .300 is to suppress and can't do that legally in MD while hunting.
    I was/am unaware of any statute regarding the use of suppressors for hunting. Would you please provide the source this info for me?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Right cool, now we know what a 7.62X39 kill would look like with similar bullet. The advantage of that cartridge is............ allows for much heavier bullet????

More power than the x39 (by 17% IIRC), better feeding and better durability in a AR platform, (depending on barrel) much better accuracy up close and out some distance than the x39 (I've already shown my 1.18" group at 105 yards with this cartidge).

And since you brought it up, the ability to run 110gr to 240gr rounds in the same gun. :D

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I was wondering when you'd post your first kill of the season. Nice looking deer Sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom