• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    i read the hb281 FAQ and it says sks with detachable mags are banned. Would buying a fixed mag sks and converting it to detachable mag while being 922 compliant be okay?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    i read the hb281 FAQ and it says sks with detachable mags are banned. Would buying a fixed mag sks and converting it to detachable mag while being 922 compliant be okay?

Banned is banned. 922 doesn't enter into it.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    well this is a bust! I just shot a sks with a bullpup conversion and it was the nicest thing ever. I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed shooting the AR.

Is there anyway around this law? Could I buy a converted one that was converted before the ban? Or would I be able to buy a magazine SKS that was registered in MD prior to the ban or does the law not allow the transfer of pre-ban guns?

well this is a bust! I just shot a sks with a bullpup conversion and it was the nicest thing ever. I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed shooting the AR.

Is there anyway around this law? Could I buy a converted one that was converted before the ban? Or would I be able to buy a magazine SKS that was registered in MD prior to the ban or does the law not allow the transfer of pre-ban guns?

Nope,sorry.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Just curious are the fixed 20rd mag rifles banned under the mag capacity law?

img_7158.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Interesting. Since the SKS was not regulated before or after Oct 1 2013 how would MD know it's date of ownership or configuration?

There's no way for them to know when it was converted, just one more law that operates on the honor system.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Interesting. Since the SKS was not regulated before or after Oct 1 2013 how would MD know it's date of ownership or configuration?

Honor system. :innocent0

There's no way for them to know when it was converted, just one more law that operates on the honor system.

There you go, there IS logic in the laws! Well, maybe not...:sad20:

I kinda thought NOT going ape-sh*t and blowing people away was part of the honor system of life...or at least a "common sense" solution - in the first place.

Two fundamental human concepts apply: Morality cannot be legislated and one cannot have rational discussions with irrational people.

No, OP, you cannot legally convert an original 10 round fixed mag SKS to a detachable mag config in the PROM.

:sad20:

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013

Be on the safe side and just make sure you have documentation (receipts) on the parts that were purchased before Oct 1st .... :)

That way you can clear the whole matter up if any questions are asked.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    That is one pretty rifle. Nice, and I personally don't like fixed mag rifles.

Nice rile and it would be a keeper; to me anyways...

It's not mine. Just a picture from google.

Still want to know the legality of installing a fixed 20rd mag.

Posting on the web kinda throws a wrench in the fan.

It's not mine. Just a picture from google.

Still want to know the legality of installing a fixed 20rd mag.

IIRC law only applies to detachable mags,so that should be gtg.

Feb 28, 2013
    They wouldn't, until you were to run into any legal issues that would conflict with your firearms ownership. At that point, a check on the chain of custody on your hypothetically then-converted SKS would reveal that you were then in possession of a banned rifle that you had made after Oct. 1, 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom