• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tazer101

Jan 6, 2009
    ...Is the look im going for with my sks. Ive already slaved over a composite dragonuv stock for 5 hours to ensure a perfect fit, along with a couple modefications to make feild striping easier. So thats one step down but i need some help. The next part that i was going to instal was going to be a receiver cover with a tri-rail system atached but the peice of crap wont fit! Ive tried numberous techniques to try to get it to fit but nothing works. The other problem with it is that itll more than likely decrease accuracy due to the fact that the scope will touch the rail the rail will touch the receiver cover and the bolt recoiling contacts the receiver directly because theres no buffer! So heres what im looking for if any one could help me out:
    1.DIY sks dragonuv style scope mount/rings instructions -ive seen pics of the drag mount on google and it attaches to the body, icresing acuracy because theres no ecsess vibrations that the receiver causes.
    2.Bayonet lug bi-pod-ive already seen acouple but im not sure what brand i should go for. Also if anyone knows if theres an m60 style bipod thats compatible that would be awsome.

Thanks for the help im planning to post some pics later on.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Kalina Optics. They make a rail that bolts to the receiver and hangs down over the stock. You can attach any ak-47 style posp scope to it. Pretty much the best option available for the sks. Does not require cutting up the stock. You do have to drill holes in the receiver. Its the most secure way to mount a scope without paying an arms and a legs, and scouring the net for a year.

http://http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=565

Second best option that is easy to find, would be a mosin nagant rail/mount setup. But they require notching the stock.

I have never heard of anyone that was happy with the receiver cover scope mounts. They need to have the front lips filed in order to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom