• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    damn, have to work on the 1st till 6pm. I have had my eye on an M&P compact, and would like to try it before I buy it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    S&W stocks lost more than half of their value within the last few days. I hope S&W doesn't end up like Winchester.

They had a pretty big run up in the last few months, though. I scored some serious money on them and then got nervous and bailed out before the peak.

I can't believe I took a buy tip from a guy at a gun store and it actaully worked.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    They won't let me work the S&W Day at Continental :rolleyes: They say I am to abrasive with some customers. I'm stuck at White Marsh Arms that day :rolleyes:

:confused: Not a term that I would apply to you big guy. You should tell the bosses that you're the reason that several of us drive from all of the way down here to do business at Continental.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    :confused: Not a term that I would apply to you big guy. You should tell the bosses that you're the reason that several of us drive from all of the way down here to do business at Continental.

Thanks. I guess they just don't understand my twisted sence of humor :D

I just realized the other day that's the one weekend a month I have to work at my real job anyway.

Oh well, I gotta make real money somewhere ;) Besides, Valley pays a little better!

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Can anyone run a price check on walther p22's at Continental?

I am at home for deer season, though no calls or drops in today other than a game warden looking for a name in my books, the name of which was not to be found, and asking who might be trapping in a certain area, as someone set a place illegally. Looked like a Barretta 92 on his hip LOL. I wasn't obnoxius to ask...

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    I gotta do work today, did they have these? What was the price?

They did not have that one but they had this one...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...angId=-1&parent_category_rn=15714&isFirearm=Y

Which looks basically the same as the one you linked. The rep said they are going to discontinue the one you posted.

I dont remember the price, but I did shoot it while I was there. It was pretty accurate. I liked it, it's big, but I do not want the rail that was on it.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    They did not have that one but they had this one...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...angId=-1&parent_category_rn=15714&isFirearm=Y

Which looks basically the same as the one you linked. The rep said they are going to discontinue the one you posted.

I dont remember the price, but I did shoot it while I was there. It was pretty accurate. I liked it, it's big, but I do not want the rail that was on it.

I don't get the difference but I guess since I was interested in it, that was the kiss of death for it. Everything I like gets canceled, abandoned, shit-canned, superseded or obsoleted.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Just let me know which barrel length you are interested and I'll hook you up with a good price. I can't remember what we are currently selling them for though.

If you are looking for a good 22 at a good price may I suggest one of the Ruger 22/45's with the 4" bull barrel. They are only slightly more then the P22, but are 10X's better guns.

Can anyone run a price check on walther p22's at Continental?

I am at home for deer season, though no calls or drops in today other than a game warden looking for a name in my books, the name of which was not to be found, and asking who might be trapping in a certain area, as someone set a place illegally. Looked like a Barretta 92 on his hip LOL. I wasn't obnoxius to ask...

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    I managed to make it Continental today after flying in last night from San Antonio. I wanted to check out the M&P in 9mm as well as a Performance Shop 1911. The S&W Rep, as well as the regular staff were great to deal with, especially given how busy they were.

I liked the M&P, and it seemed to like me, but I'll wait for the “tactical” longer barrel version to be introduced next year to use in IDPA. I just wish Smith would incorporate a more positive loaded chamber indicator. The “hole” at the top of the chamber, like the one on my Sigma, is not as user friendly as the indicator on my Springfield XD9. Still, an excellent pistol.

The 1911 was very nice as well. It seemed to have all the “bells and whistles.”

The special discounted prices were VERY attractive. Unfortunate recent circumstances have depleted my “toy” money, so I wasn’t able to take advantage of the pricing.

I was able pick up some TiteGroup powder and large pistol primers finally. Bay Country hasn’t had them for a while. Lot’s of neat stuff, so I’ll be stopping by more regularly.

Matt

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I managed to make it Continental today after flying in last night from San Antonio. I wanted to check out the M&P in 9mm as well as a Performance Shop 1911. The S&W Rep, as well as the regular staff were great to deal with, especially given how busy they were.

I liked the M&P, and it seemed to like me, but I'll wait for the “tactical” longer barrel version to be introduced next year to use in IDPA. I just wish Smith would incorporate a more positive loaded chamber indicator. The “hole” at the top of the chamber, like the one on my Sigma, is not as user friendly as the indicator on my Springfield XD9. Still, an excellent pistol.

The 1911 was very nice as well. It seemed to have all the “bells and whistles.”

The special discounted prices were VERY attractive. Unfortunate recent circumstances have depleted my “toy” money, so I wasn’t able to take advantage of the pricing.

I was able pick up some TiteGroup powder and large pistol primers finally. Bay Country hasn’t had them for a while. Lot’s of neat stuff, so I’ll be stopping by more regularly.

Matt

Get a Steyr M-A1 pistol, it has a chamber "window" AND a loaded chamber indicator that sticks out the back... :D

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    -M&P 15, an AR-15 chambered in 5.56/.223 (you will have to use our subsonic frangible ammo which is a bit pricey)

Interesting, i was always told I couldn't fire my AR there with the fangible ammo - has that changed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom