• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    So what happens if the HQL gets overturned in court, being thats its unconstitional (I know its stands a fat chance in Hell of happening since this is Maryland)

Do the applicants get their money back for all the hoops they had to jump through, or are they shit out of luck? Will the lawsuit go after money reimbursements?

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    I feel that it will not get overturned. People have applied, the process as far as I can see is very quick. Thus they will say its not deemed a barrier to obtaining. If you have the money to buy a gun, then you have the money to buy the license. If you can't afford the license, go the Joe Biden route.

Before I get melted by everyone - I do not agree with SB281 at all, 0%. But in the essence of having a discussion, and knowing all the logic-lacking things I have seen, what I indicated above will be what will happen.

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    So what happens if the HQL gets overturned in court, being thats its unconstitional (I know its stands a fat chance in Hell of happening since this is Maryland)

Do the applicants get their money back for all the hoops they had to jump through, or are they shit out of luck? Will the lawsuit go after money reimbursements?

What do you think?

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    I believe we will be SOL however there will be an influx of buying again for the shops...
    I will have to agree with DoubleTap as far as NOT being overturned but it is a nice thought.
    TOO much government in this state for it to be overturned.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    First of all the current lawsuit has nothing to do with "overturning" the HQL. It is asking for an injuction that pushes the start date back 90 days. In addition they asked for a TRO which was denied.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The fee is for administrative processing. You won't get a refund if it's overturned IMO

No more than getting our LTCH fees refunded when the 4CA ruled. Fees are for processing.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I feel that it will not get overturned. People have applied, the process as far as I can see is very quick. Thus they will say its not deemed a barrier to obtaining. If you have the money to buy a gun, then you have the money to buy the license. If you can't afford the license, go the Joe Biden route.

Before I get melted by everyone - I do not agree with SB281 at all, 0%. But in the essence of having a discussion, and knowing all the logic-lacking things I have seen, what I indicated above will be what will happen.

You know the state is very good at making its case. They don't need us. And you are missing the part about prior restraint and IS.

And the whole post Heller thing.

Bottom line if HQL holds we get voter ID -- the court knows this.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

This is why PI has a good shot.

A better question in support of PI, is how to you get for fingerprints back --- can they be used by the state?

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    You know the state is very good at making its case. They don't need us. And you are missing the part about prior restraint and IS.

And the whole post Heller thing.

Bottom line if HQL holds we get voter ID -- the court knows this.

Now that would be very interesting. MD must choose between the HQL and voter ID? That will be fun to see play out.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    They'll throw the HQL under the bus. Voter ID means a lot less fraud...which is de rigeur for the Demorats.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Did people who had to pay a poll tax get a reimbursement? Did slave owners get reimbursed after 13A passed?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Now that would be very interesting. MD must choose between the HQL and voter ID? That will be fun to see play out.

That not how it would work .. wish it was that dramtic.

What I mean is if the HQL is constitutional then so is Voterid

MD would not have to do it unless the Congress forced it, but other states could and they could not stop it.

Think Texas AZ etc...

It blows a hole in the game plan for world domination via slack enforcement of immigration law.

Frankly it might Be worth the trade :)

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    Let's see... if HQL is struck...

I'll buy another GLOCK, and a stainless 1911 for my wife, and a third gen S&W in .45 and one in 10mm, and another S&W 64 and 60, and Ruger LC9, and and and so on.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i find it funny that an injunction was given against "shall issue" but denied in this case.
    i'm not saying Md political had anything to do with this, but it smells like a dead skunk to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom