• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    I've been seeing plenty of deer in the past week, but I've been holding out. I've passed on 4 young bucks over the past 5 days. 2 of them were directly beneath my stand smelling the cover scent I laid down. I had a nice 8+ pointer at 40yds last night, but it was getting dark and I couldn't be sure of the vegetation so I didn't take the shot. He was decent, but really not what I'm looking for so I'm not too upset. I always take the opportunity to draw on these dudes for the practice. I love standing right above them, coming to full draw, and letting them walk off none the wiser. Cool stuff.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i ain't seen jack shhh... then again i havent been out since i put my stand up. way too hot around here in the evening and now its too wet.. :sad20:

tim410

Sep 10, 2009
    Towson
    well if you dont want to take that 8 pointer ill be glad to come take him off your hands :)
    All of the deer ive seen have been small doe :(

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Monday I had a bachelor group of 8 at about 60yds and only 1 scrawny 4pt came in range (10yds). I couldn't tell what the bigger ones were sporting for headgear so I'm taking my time and watching their body language for the big boy's approach. I thought I was getting that signal from the 8pt last night, but nothing materialized.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Saw plenty of Canada Geese heading over PG County this afternoon. Not what you're looking for, but still the largest flocks I've seen in a while.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I've seen the inside of my office and the overgrown brush piles in my backyard. Getting out this Saturdayfor the first time this season. Can't wait.
    Glad at least someone is getting out there.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    Monday I had a bachelor group of 8 at about 60yds and only 1 scrawny 4pt came in range (10yds). I couldn't tell what the bigger ones were sporting for headgear so I'm taking my time and watching their body language for the big boy's approach. I thought I was getting that signal from the 8pt last night, but nothing materialized.

I had several bucks under my stand, one wild non typical 8. and then the one I shot came in and kicked them all out. I haven't been out since I shot him. just glassing some of the fields and seeing what's moving where. this weather has been crappy for hunting recently, and I don't bow hunt much in the rain anymore. Saturday should be good. low temps and no rain the deer should be moving :thumbsup:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I've seen 3 or 4 rather large bucks right near Angler's by the bridge. I normally see a few small deer, but these were a lot more mature than most.

Quite a few fox sightings lately too. Usually only see one or two a year. I've seen 4 in the past 6 or 7 weeks.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Pretty funny thing Saturday. A young fox came in and sat down at about 15 yds. He decided to lick himself for a while and then scratched behind his ear. Then he got up and headed straight toward the tree I was in. As soon as he hit the line of fox urine cover I had out where I came in, he took off like lightning in the other direction.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Geese fly in gaggles :D

Damn you for making me research this early in the morning. :D

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gaggle

gag·gle   
    –noun
    2. a flock of geese when not flying. Compare skein

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/skein
    skein   4. a flock of geese, ducks, or the like, in flight.

Now I have no idea when a flock is appropriate. :D

Sorry Kevp, but a pretty large doe ran out in front of me this morning on Rt 40 not to far from Gun Connection. Oh, and there's a buttload of flying geese near PG County.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Damn you for making me research this early in the morning. :D

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gaggle

gag·gle   
    –noun
    2. a flock of geese when not flying. Compare skein

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/skein
    skein   4. a flock of geese, ducks, or the like, in flight.

Now I have no idea when a flock is appropriate. :D

Sorry Kevp, but a pretty large doe ran out in front of me this morning on Rt 40 not to far from Gun Connection. Oh, and there're just skeins of flying geese near PG County.

fixed it for ya:D

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Knocked down an 11 pointer my first day out, and a 102lb (dressed) doe my 3rd time out. Was hoping to get out again today, but forgot I had other plans :( Looking to take my 2nd doe on Tuesday if the weather holds, then I'm back to my other stand in search of a REALLY tall 8 pointer or the average 10 pointer I have on my trail cam. Have been seeing plenty of deer in both places I hunt, luckily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom