Some sorry bastard stole my license plate!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lennyjoe

Sep 22, 2007
    Hagerstown
    I've only been here for 3 weeks and someone snatched my license plate. After driving around yesterday eve and stopping at BW 3's to have dinner I noticed that my license plate was gone. Must of happened while parked at the hotel we've been staying at. Guess someone needed it more than me.

Here's what it used to look like.

47b7d730b3127ccebb00fdf8b0fb00000036100AcOWLdk3cN2Lg

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    See if the hotel has a security camera system, tell them where you were parked and maybe their security guy can find out the license# of the clown who took it.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Welcome to the East coast...?

More like welcome to MD.

I lived in VA for 11 years and, with the exception of one tire being stabbed, never had one single incident of vandalism or theft in that time. And this was in a town where every single student and parent that I'd ever pissed off knew exactly where I lived.

Within the first couple of years of living here I've had mirrors busted on my truck, the Honda keyed and spray painted, my truck spray painted, my VW vandalized and the windows smashed out of my Jeep.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Wife had her Kia keyed at Valley mall, (HAGERSTOWN) also they are having problems with rock throwings on Halfway Blvd. This area is great , but like most urban area's (scum tends to stick together)

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    they are having problems with rock throwings on Halfway Blvd.

That sounds like a few years ago when the joy of going down 295 through the District and having super balls rained down on you or, if you were lucky, a cinder block.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    All of that happened at the Cape...... or have you lived elsewhere in MD?

More like welcome to MD.

I lived in VA for 11 years and, with the exception of one tire being stabbed, never had one single incident of vandalism or theft in that time. And this was in a town where every single student and parent that I'd ever pissed off knew exactly where I lived.

Within the first couple of years of living here I've had mirrors busted on my truck, the Honda keyed and spray painted, my truck spray painted, my VW vandalized and the windows smashed out of my Jeep.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    yeah, howard county had to put up huge cage guards over the highway overpasses to keep the miscreants from throwing boulders over the sides. i've had my Eclipse keyed (less than a month after i bought it!!!), egged, etc. and the ol Jeep has taken its share of eggs, barbeque sauce, and other abuse. we laid in wait for some people that had repeatedly egged my friend's cars. when he got a new EVO, we knew the target would be too tempting. a pair of paintball guns and some frozen balls fixed the wagons of the little cretins. being a good shot (and an ex competitive paintball player) came in handy! we shot em up, then detained them, while wearing full tac gear and ski masks. talk about scaring the living you know what out of them! they were dumb enough to believe that we were actually private security.....i think the best way to spend halloween is tracking and elminating little ***** that vandalize people's stuff.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    All of that happened at the Cape...... or have you lived elsewhere in MD?

All in the Cape :sad20:

It was also really charming to come tonight to see that someone had spray painted "Crips" all over a telephone utility box at the end of our road.

I guess I'll break out the lacquer thinner when I get home tomorrow if no one else has done it.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    All in the Cape :sad20:

It was also really charming to come tonight to see that someone had spray painted "Crips" all over a telephone utility box at the end of our road.

I guess I'll break out the lacquer thinner when I get home tomorrow if no one else has done it.

That absolutely stuns me- I thought the Cape was a little out of the way (and above all of that) for that crap. -- Total thread hi-jack -- Any thoughts on why Norton? Just curious as I have a house in another out of the way place (Herald Harbor) that I would think would get that type of "action" before the blue-ribbon Cape would. PM if you prefer to keep the thread more on track.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Another sad anecdote about what a "lovely" place Maryland has turned into.

We went to Ocean City with some friends about 8 years ago, in our (then) brand-new Explorer. One night while it was parked at the condo in what we thought was the better part of town, some piece of human excrement decided he/she/it needed to vomit - and (in what was no doubt meant to be a spirited prank) chose to do so on the hood of our new truck. Yes... to answer your question... it destroys paint quite efficiently.

It was the last time I will ever go to O.C. My summer vacations (and my money) are now spent in the Carolinas, which have a hell of a lot nicer beaches anyway, not to mention the much more civilized, family-friendly atmosphere.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    It was the last time I will ever go to O.C. My summer vacations (and my money) are now spent in the Carolinas, which have a hell of a lot nicer beaches anyway, not to mention the much more civilized, family-friendly atmosphere.

You mean businesses that sell "beer bongs" to HS graduates, tattoo palours, and piercing joints aren't family oriented? YET it's these same SOB's that are crying about LEGALIZED gambling in a shit hole like Ocean Downs. :mad54:
    I live here and I don't blame you a bit for taking your money elsewhere.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Its pretty common here in MD. Make sure you report it to your local PD so they can put the tag into NCIC as stolen, and maybe catch the person sing it now.
    You'll have to report it to your DMV and they'll issue you a new set of tags., so you will have to pick a new vanity plate unfortunately.

I've only been here for 3 weeks and someone snatched my license plate. After driving around yesterday eve and stopping at BW 3's to have dinner I noticed that my license plate was gone. Must of happened while parked at the hotel we've been staying at. Guess someone needed it more than me.

Here's what it used to look like.

47b7d730b3127ccebb00fdf8b0fb00000036100AcOWLdk3cN2Lg

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    yeah, ocean $&itty is not my preferred place to go either. we used to go there to take money off idiot beach bums street racing, but other than that, its not much fun. i prefer to go to Western maryland or to visit my family in north carolina (the land of my birth and where i spend almost all of my vacation). /thread hijack ends/

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Another sad anecdote about what a "lovely" place Maryland has turned into.

...some piece of human excrement decided he/she/it needed to vomit - and (in what was no doubt meant to be a spirited prank) chose to do so on the hood of our new truck.

Was toying as making this my sig line- it fits here. From the FalFiles....

There's some foul people in this world. This planet needs an enema.

ThePitbullofLove-11/27/07

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Torx (or some other fastening system other than a straight or Phillips screw) are a good tip to keep your tag on your car here in Merryland.

Another tip is to score your registration year sticker once it has been applied to the tag. That way if some goof tries to steal yours it only comes off in bits and they (hopefully) abandon their efforts.

People often do that when they have a "flag" on their tag and cannot renew their tags legally, or don't want to pay the money to do so. Given the cost of the renewals nowadays, this may become more common.

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    My mom had her plate stolen a few months ago. I attached my plates with tamper proof torx screws. Less likely to be stolen that way as most people looking to steal plates just have a screw driver.

I've never had plates stolen, perhaps its because I also use the tamper proof fasteners. I never thought about scoring the stickers.........thanks Vince.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom