Spent Brass is Illegal in D.C.? Cops ordered to arrest. WTF?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    It's for the children. They might see the casing, think that it's candy, and swallow it.

Thank god there's a city with Common Sense Gun Laws (TM)!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I was mildly annoyed once when a casing hit me in the forehead. No one deserves to have anything hit them in the forehead. I mean, how degrading...

Couple inches low.. you could be blind! See.. Dc us just after your good health ya know.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    It gives DC police another, easy way to plant evidence on someone they don't like, especially if that person doesn't fit the profile of your typical drug user.

redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    this is beyond ridiculous. I go to dc about every week and I am sure if I did a thorough search of my car I would find a few brass casings from my range bag...etc. so dumb

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I thought this was common knowledge for folks around here. I live the Baltimore area and commute to DC quite a bit. I frequently check my trunk for spent rounds because my trunk gets searched a lot. It would suck to go to jail for having a spent 22 round in my trunk on a fed property in DC.
    DC is more f'ed up than MD.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Well, at least there is one place left that is still worse than Maryland.

Seriously... when does it stop being ammo? When it is deformed? When it is shredded? When it is melted? Is a door knocker made with recycled brass still considered ammo? I wouldn't doubt it if there is no standard for demiling it. Good grief.

DEX

scruffy-lookin nerfherder
    Aug 16, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I mean, I thought it was common sense that criminals find and hold onto spent casings attached to their illegal activities....:sad20:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I call B.S. on this one. I've never been told to arrest someone for a spent shell casing. As far as I know, a spent shell is not ammo. What it is though, is reasonable suspicion/ probable cause to believe there is live ammo or a gun in the car. I could be wrong though. That city has surprised me more than once in the last 20 years. And I've been out of patrol for more than 12 of those years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom