• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    Moved from MD (thank the lord) couldn't stand the $*##Hole anymore and decided to put my money where my mouth was and get out. Sorry not worth the fight. More on that later.

Someone cliff note me on the status of 2A and CCW in maryland. Last i cared to keep track we won the lawsuit and the state was going to repeal. Are they giving them out yet? Still as hard as before?

btw. Texas is awesome... suckers :)

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Tx is good for gun laws...getting your concealed carry is really helpful there...:D Eventhough its cash and carry, your concealed carry makes it that much faster! What part of TX? I used to be stationed in Abilene/Dyess.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Someone cliff note me on the status of 2A and CCW in maryland.

1) Won the Wollard court case
    2) MD appealed to Legg
    3) Legg put a temporary stay in place on his decision until he could review the appeal and make a decision.
    4) Legg upheld his decision on appeal and removed the temporary stay.
    5) We were days away from starting the CCW issue process.
    6) MD did an emergency appeal to the 4th circuit court.
    7) In under 24 hours the 4th circuit put in a stay on Legg's decision until they can hear arguments. They expedited the case and are scheduled to hear it this month.
    8) Their decision is some number of months away.
    9) Currently still subject to Marylandistan G&S
    10) Who knows......

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    2) MD appealed to Legg
    3) Legg put a temporary stay in place on his decision until he could review the appeal and make a decision.
    7) In under 24 hours the 4th circuit put in a stay on Legg's decision until they can hear arguments. They expedited the case and are scheduled to hear it this month.
    10) Who knows......

Really appreciate it. Be interesting to see if i can still get a CCW there not being a resident anymore. Wonder if they'll do reciprocity with Texas or FLorida (where my permit is issued from)

Im just east of Dallas. So SO SO glad i left

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Really appreciate it. Be interesting to see if i can still get a CCW there not being a resident anymore. Wonder if they'll do reciprocity with Texas or FLorida (where my permit is issued from)

Im just east of Dallas. So SO SO glad i left

Maryland does non-residency permit's and doesn't currently do reciprocity with anyone. If the case goes intact though the 4th circuit then who knows how they will react.

Thanks
    Robert

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    2) MD appealed to Legg

10) Who knows......

You just pissed me off all over again. :mad54:

When it's spelled out line by line like that, it really does show how ridiculous this is.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Tx is good for gun laws...getting your concealed carry is really helpful there...:D Eventhough its cash and carry, your concealed carry makes it that much faster! What part of TX? I used to be stationed in Abilene/Dyess.

Hope they treated you well there, I grew up about 30 miles NE of Abilene, miss it every day.
    Moved from MD (thank the lord) couldn't stand the $*##Hole anymore and decided to put my money where my mouth was and get out. Sorry not worth the fight. More on that later.

Someone cliff note me on the status of 2A and CCW in maryland. Last i cared to keep track we won the lawsuit and the state was going to repeal. Are they giving them out yet? Still as hard as before?

btw. Texas is awesome... suckers :)

Yes it does. Just remember that they have a saying there. "Yankees come to Texas to visit, then they leave. Damn Yankees stay." :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom