Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Well that was some fireworks show for sure!!!!
    I'd use a scatological word rather than "fireworks". :sad20:

I guess best outcome from this hearing for us is they don't remand back down to Distract and actually write an opinion. But the real hope is in SCOTUS acting on the preliminary actions currently in front of them, even without a final decision.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    The judges and politicians do NOT want to recognize that the 2A is to provide a means for The People to REVOLT and overthrow a tyrannical government. It is supposed to provide the means for revisiting 1776.

Problem is that the populace itself has gotten comfortable, fat, and lazy, and cannot even contemplate going against a government that "provides for us".
    This.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    These judges are grabbing it anything they can to try to restrict the Second Amendment.

I want to say that they are idiots but they're not. They're evil people who don't want to let go of power.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    These judges are grabbing it anything they can to try to restrict the Second Amendment.

I want to say that they are idiots but they're not. They're evil people who don't want to let go of power.
    Correct. This is about ethics and moral courage, not intelligence.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I laughed at the end when the one dingus was asking where the court was going, referencing if they are becoming the new legislative body (I'm paraphrasing the best I can).

No, these morons are there to correct the Legislative body when they write unconstitutional laws.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    I like how one of the commie judges appealed to states' rights when it comes to the Second Amendment. I wonder if he would argue the same about local values on other social topics. Doubtful. It's an example of specious and subjective reasoning. These people are relying upon "EBBH" logic (everything but Bruen or Heller).

Then the State's attorney argues that AR-15's "...aren't well suited for self-defense". He says that an AR-15 is "properly stored" in a safe. Such a cowardly jackass.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County

Kinda like "Hawaiian History and Tradition!"

They are in their last gasp for life, pulling out any possible argument they can fabricate.

Let them.

The SCOTUS will address them all in their next ruling.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    …Then the State's attorney argues that AR-15's "...aren't well suited for self-defense". He says that an AR-15 is "properly stored" in a safe. Such a cowardly jackass.

Holy chit! That whole argument comes out of an actual stand-up comedian‘s act (Jim Jeffries is the main protagonist in the cable series, “Legit”)

So, we’ve reached the point where anti-2A oral arguments before federal courts are being based off plagiarizing comedic acts …

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Holy chit! That whole argument comes out of an actual stand-up comedian‘s act (Jim Jeffries is the main protagonist in the cable series, “Legit”)

So, we’ve reached the point where anti-2A oral arguments before federal courts are being based off plagiarizing comedic acts …

I thought you were going to share a comedy bit. ;)

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I just wish SCOTUS would just say it point blank, that the purpose of 2A is so the American people ARE armed and dangerous, remain the ultimate seat of power in the nation, and government exists at the pleasure of the people, not the other way around.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Today's argument is hitting the news outfits:

The article has a lot of good quotes, and puts names to some of the crazier questions and comments from the bench.

Like:

Chief U.S. Circuit Judge Albert Diaz said under the position advanced by the gun rights groups, including the Second Amendment Foundation and Firearms Policy Coalition, if a dangerous weapon is not banned and becomes commonly used, "the cat's out of the bag" and it can never be regulated.
    "What about a bazooka that's used for recreational purposes?" Diaz, an appointee of Democratic former President Barack Obama, asked. "A tactical nuclear weapon?"

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

I failed to see the humor, though the joke would have been on him if one of the 50% who disliked his argument had taken the time to waste his stupid ass. However, that sort of response is statistically far more likely to come from members of his approving audience.

Never heard of "Legit" and I've been successfully warned off.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88