Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    FILED: March 6, 2024

That's today.
    It's the same ORDER and REQUIREMENT as the original, you even copy/pasted the original.
    You left out the very last sentence with regards to submitting 16 copies.
    What you posted was the exact same wording as the original and made it look EXACTLY like the original order.

YOU SCREWED UP THE POST, OWN IT.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    It's the same ORDER and REQUIREMENT as the original, you even copy/pasted the original.
    You left out the very last sentence with regards to submitting 16 copies.
    What you posted was the exact same wording as the original and made it look EXACTLY like the original order.

YOU SCREWED UP THE POST, OWN IT.
    It was posted as a CORRECTED COPY. Which means the wording changed.

Have a nice day. :)

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Latest update:

This case is scheduled for oral argument on March 20, 2024.

The parties are directed to file supplemental briefs specifically addressing the
    following issue:

Whether the inquiry into a weapon’s “common use” occurs at the first
    step or second step of the framework articulated in New York State Rifle
    & Pistol Association, Inc. v. Bruen, 142 S. Ct. 2111 (2022). In
    answering that question, the parties are to address who has the burden
    of establishing a weapon’s “common use.”

The parties may submit simultaneous briefs, not exceeding ten pages, on or
    before Tuesday, March 12, 2024.

Okay....got it UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FOURTH CIRCUIT

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Mar 07 2024Motion to extend the time to file a response is granted and the time is extended to and including April 12, 2024.

Huh! wonder if this will affect the Orals on 20 March?

Maybe I missed something?
    NRA v. Vullo is up in the next couple weeks, which is a 1A Case

Does the First Amendment allow a government regulator to threaten regulated entities with adverse regulatory actions if they do business with a controversial speaker, as a consequence of (a) the government's own hostility to the speaker's viewpoint or (b) a perceived "general backlash" against the speaker's advocacy?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I really wish they’d stop granting every fvcking extension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I completely agree, this was also entirely expected. It would have been highly unusual for SCOTUS to deny the extension given they already (edit made here) had the chance to hear the case, but GVR'd it, and are now waiting for 4th circuit en banc to happen which just so happens to be within the time period filings were requested.

Should 4th Circuit en banc (probably inevitably) produce a blatantly fabricated result, SCOTUS will be ready to slap the 4th circuit back to reality within the next term.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    While I completely agree, this was also entirely expected. It would have been highly unusual for SCOTUS to deny the extension given they already heard the case, GVR'd it, and are now waiting for 4th circuit en banc to happen which just so happens to be within the time period filings were requested.

Should 4th Circuit en banc (probably inevitably) produce a blatantly fabricated result, SCOTUS will be ready to slap the 4th circuit back to reality within the next term.
    SCOTUS did NOT in fact hear the case, they held it, and other cases, pending the outcome of Bruen. They then accepted the case, GVR'd it and told the lower court to rehear it based on the new jurisprudence from Bruen.

The 4th Circus reheard the case over a year ago, and without a ruling from the 3 judge panel, issued the en banc requirement, and here we are.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    SCOTUS did NOT in fact hear the case, they held it, and other cases, pending the outcome of Bruen. They then accepted the case, GVR'd it and told the lower court to rehear it based on the new jurisprudence from Bruen.

The 4th Circus reheard the case over a year ago, and without a ruling from the 3 judge panel, issued the en banc requirement, and here we are.
    Correct I should have been more careful with the wording there. I knew what I meant to say and it didn't come out right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom