• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    clearly the only logical solution now is to buy a swedish mauser :D

Only if the Swedish Bikini team sells it to me :)

BTW, I put 12 rounds through it this morning before work. It was not any more accurate than my 41 Iz Mosin shoots. But I"m learning not to judge by the first shots. My 41 Iz is now as of lunch time shooting much tighter than when I first shot it. Some because of the accurizing and some because I'm getting better with the sights. With the Iz today, I put 4 rounds in about a 1" group at 50 yards. But then it spread out after that (heating?). Me and 2 others were talking in between shots then I sped thing up after the 4th round so I'm thinking it was heating up. I've heard of people taking 5-10 minutes between shots to get more accuracy.

Anyway, the K31 shoots and I've ordered some more PPU and some Swiss GP11 from AmmunitionToGo. I have a goal to shoot and store re loadable brass for any C&R I can accomplish this with for future use.

I see there are clamp on scope mounts that are not supposed to damage the rifle or require mods. I wonder how you can clamp something without scratching it? It would be nice to be able to use the K31 with a scope at the 200 yard range at AGC. I don't have any modern large caliber rifles and was not planning on it any time soon.

powderhunter

May 29, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Congratulation on you new K-31, I bought mine last year from a dealer in PA for just little over $300. Seems like it has been going up $50 every year, considering current market condition & especially from a Maryland gun show, I say it was a good deal.

As for the clamp on scope mount, it is a no hassle installation. Here is mine with the mount.

Attachments

• SUNP0006.jpg
      SUNP0006.jpg
      54.8 KB · Views: 162

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I see there are clamp on scope mounts that are not supposed to damage the rifle or require mods. I wonder how you can clamp something without scratching it?

Make it (or the surfaces that touch what your clamping it to) of a material with a hardness less than that of what you are clamping it to.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    My mount came in this week. I mounted a cheap Simmons 8 Point scope onto it. 3-9X, no variable AO. I first compared the fixed sights with the scope to get the first adjustment, then I shot 2 rounds into the dirt at a leaf to get a better adjustment (my buddy spotted while I shot), then here is everything else on paper. The first 2 on the left were the first 2 shots taken aimed at center and no adjustments. The one at 7 oclock was the 3rd shot on paper and I just added 4 clicks up and right. The rest were w/ no further adjustments. 1.75" grouping with the PPU and a cheap scope, I think I'm pretty happy right now with the accuracy considering it was not my best shooting and I was rushing my shots some what. When the GP11 Swiss match ammo comes in, I'll try that, maybe with a better scope on it. I"m sure given more time, I'll be more accurate with it. But for this trial, I'm happy with the inherent accuracy with the rifle. After I get my Lasik updated, I'd like to be shooting it with the stock fixed sights again.

This K31 is Nice.

Did anyone pick up any of the other K31s at the show?

100yards at AGC today.
    This is a NRA 25yd Slow fire Pistol target.
    Black circle is 5.25" wide
    Remove the first 3 shots that are low/left (including the one at 7 o'clock in the 9 ring) and it's 6 shots in a 1.75" group

Attachments

• SightInSimmons8Point.JPG
      SightInSimmons8Point.JPG
      37.4 KB · Views: 134

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I purchased some GP11 over the weekend and already shot half of it.
    3 papers were with a scope. I was tweeking the scope then shooting a number of rounds w/o moving it.
    One paper was using just the stock sights. I had to make one elevation change after the first shots with the fixed but as you can see, the K31 is more accurate than my eyes.

I shot the 4 rounds w/ the scope last after all the other shooting making a 1/2 MOA change on it, so I know the scope is holding zero pretty good. I'll shoot 10 rounds through it the next couple times I bring it to see if the scope is holding. I really like this one, so far it is my favorite rifle. I really like being able to use the fixed sights or scope a the same outing. I'd like to take it to the 200 yd range when I have time.

The shot on the upper left of the first target was the first shot. I put a different scope on it this week so I had to make an adjustment. After taking this pic I noticed the sighting target under it and I realize I went an inch too far right and down.

Attachments

• K31b.jpg
      K31b.jpg
      51.1 KB · Views: 105
    • k31c.jpg
      k31c.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 99
    • K31a.jpg
      K31a.jpg
      47.8 KB · Views: 107
    • k31d.jpg
      k31d.jpg