• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    TCSC’s last IDPA match will be held on 19 October, a week from Tuesday.

There will also be a side rifle match. You can shoot in the pistol match without shooting in the rifle match, but to shoot in the rifle match you must shoot in the pistol match.

Round count will not exceed 100 rounds for each match.

Start time is at noon. No new shooters’ class that day. Registration begins as soon as the table is out, you don’t want to get there any later than 11:45.

See Attched Rifle Side Match Flyer from Chip.

Attachments

• Rifle side match 2010.pdf
      131.3 KB · Views: 67

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    Do you need a sling for the rifle for the side match?

No sling required.

Is the new shooter class required if you've never shot at Thurmont, or just if you're new to IDPA?

No new to Thurmont shooters. Chip runs a hot range. Chip requires all new to Thurmont Shooters to take the class the first time, IDPA Novice or Master.

Walt

Last edited:

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Walt- Will any of the CoFs for the rifle match require any reloads? Just curious if we'll need mag holders.

glock_forty5

Ultimate Member
    Oct 30, 2007
    What a great match!

Thanks to Chip and Walt for all their hard work and letting me come out to play.

JT

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    had a blast. the stages were pretty challenging(especially when a mag follower on the p99 stuck halfway down....what a bitch of a failure drill to recover from....yes i'm cleaning the gunk off them now). shooting the rifles through the stages was a great time. well worth the sub day taken off from school and well worth delaying packing my apt for this weekend's move to savage.

here's a little of older bro shooting handgun and carbine from stage 1-5 today in case you weren't there.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Damn bro, put me on the spot why don't you:D

Yea, it was a blast, The rifle match is always a favorite, the stages were AWESOME Walt, I especially liked the 1st and 4th stages.

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    Thanks to all who came out and played. I especial appreciate the thanks for the stages and work. I want to thank sinzitu and glock fourty5 for coming out early for setup and staying until everything was put away and the trash empted. Like most shooting sports IDPA is a volunteer sport. The more volunteers the better the shoots can be.

I can’t believe I left my pistol a home, as Meatloaf said “two out of three ain’t bad” but it sucked to just SO. Trying to not use steel and making it so the rifle could be used is a challenge. How did everyone like the shotgun start? I was debating on incorporating a shotgun start into a stage for our regular matches. Stage one was the Kitchen Sink. With no plan on paper, I used all the walls we had left and one more target stand that we borrowed from the MPSA to bring it to 18 rounds total (max allowed by IDPA).

Walt

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    I think a good time was had by all. I especially liked being able to participate in the rifle match.

I think the shotgun start for the one stage worked out really well. Adding it to a pistol match would definitely help mix things up.

Thanks again to all who take time out to SO, set up, & breakdown. An extra thanks to Chip & Walt for all they've done to keep IDPA going at TCSC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom