• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Will it be ok to show up about 30 minutes late or will registration be closed by then?

You should be ok. We'll likely have 2 bays in use and a few shooters already queued up before you.

The only pre-req for our classifier is that you've already taken the IDPA new shooter class at a previous match at TCSC. With the number of folks and time it usually takes to run them thru the COF we don't have time to provide a new shooter class on the 20th.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Just a heads up for those that might not have received the e-mail this morning from out Match Director (Chip)... If I get an e-mail update before 9:30am tomorrow I'll post it here.

Hmmmm - 60% change of rain in Thurmont tomorrow - at the club location, add 25% to the probability.

Keep an eye on your email box tomorrow before you set out.

This has been a tough year for rain. I got a notice that due to damage from all the rain, matches at Sanners Lake are cancelled until further notice.

Hopefully tomorrow will be dry for us, but keep an eye out.

Anyone who lives near the club and wants to feed me updates, it would be appreciated. I live an hour away and so I only have the on-line weather services to go by.

Chip Hammond

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    MATCH CANCELLED

UPDATE from our MD!!!

The IDPA Classifier at TCSC is canceled due to inclement weather.

The Classifier will be scheduled for the October match.

Chip Hammond
    TCSC IDPA Match Director
    NRA Certified Instructor

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    It was a shame Chip canceled the match at 0730. I got the range at 1130 and was there till 1500 with not a drop of rain and the bays weren’t sloppy. I tested a new spring I put in my revolver and tested some bulk .22lr ammo I’ll post that in the rimfire section.

Walt

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    I would have liked to shoot too. Though I understand that Chip would like the Classifier COFs to be done when the weather is near perfect since this will give folks their best chance at performing well. No extra complications with rain, wind, mud, etc.

Fingers crossed that October will be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom