• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    Over at Calguns.net, a member who is also a member at TFL, has on several occasions mentioned the list of cases I keep at TFL (to my own embarassment).

This prompted a response of thanks to him and the community there. So it is only fair, that I personally thank the community here.

Some background:

Back on July 20th, 2010, I posted a new thread at TFL, concerning the litigation that was on-going since Heller and McDonald. This was prompted by the usual naysayers (both after Heller and after McDonald), and those who thought things weren't moving ahead fast enough.

That thread started with 12 cases, 7 of which originated in California.

The first three posts in "my" thread, list a total of 53 cases (currently). In the current format, I have limited each post to 20 cases, more or less in chronological order of filing. It was a choice over manageability and readability. While TFL provided a 10K character limit to each post, I had exceed that limit, early in December of 2010.

Mindful of that, 20 cases per post is both readable and manageable.

All this to say, Thanks! to the community at MDShooters. In particular, thanks go to Krucam, whose own list inspired my recent format. Thanks also to Patrick, whose insights into the political and judicial system far outpace my own. Thanks! also to the people of the CalGuns Foundation and the Calguns.net community. Without everyone's help, "my" list would be woefully deficient.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    We're grateful to all you legal eagles that help keep this straight for the rest of us.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Awesome. Thanks for everything all of you guys do to help keep me informed about what's going on in the real world.

How about a link to the thread at the Firing Line?

Al Norris

Spud Head
    Dec 1, 2010
    Rupert, Idaho
    Hole punch, my purpose was to thank you and the rest of the folks at MDShooters. Not to tout my own horn.

With that, perhaps you can understand why I did not link to it, and decline to do so now.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Hole punch, my purpose was to thank you and the rest of the folks at MDShooters. Not to tout my own horn.

With that, perhaps you can understand why I did not link to it, and decline to do so now.

I'm not sure anyone would have that opinion of you, especial now that it has been requested.. Just saying....

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.

understood. and that's what i like about this site; the ppl here are polite to complete strangers, and that's a rare thing on these here interwebs :thumbsup:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    ditto. thanks very much. You guys make the complex understandable enough the rest of us luddites can stay current.

thanks again to you and Patrick and Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom