• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      38.6 KB · Views: 242

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Very nice!
    I've got one my sister gave to me made in the 1890's in .32 caliber, she found it in the trash at an old house being renovated.
    She figures someone found it under the house and threw it out, it was completely covered with chunks of rust and pieces of an old blanket someone wrapped it up in maybe 100 years ago.
    Took me about 8 hours to clean it up and although it will never work again it's a great display piece.

Attachments

• 1873.jpg
      1873.jpg
      48.9 KB · Views: 225

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Very nice!
    I've got one my sister gave to me made in the 1890's in .32 caliber, she found it in the trash at an old house being renovated.
    She figures someone found it under the house and threw it out, it was completely covered with chunks of rust and pieces of an old blanket someone wrapped it up in maybe 100 years ago.
    Took me about 8 hours to clean it up and although it will never work again it's a great display piece.

Yeah BUT that would be a great piece to just play around with, maybe electrolysis?

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    RJ, Nice Wichester.
    Sad to see a nice Winchester end up like that Weapons Collector. But it's nice to see you salvaged it as much as possible.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    A local shop up here calls my father or I when they get old stuff in they know we will like , it is a blessing and a curse lol .

Very nice. Continental had one earlier this year when I was shopping for one, unfortunately they thought it was the exact one that won the west and had it priced accordingly.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Nice Ray!! Maybe some time I can grab my old Trench Sweeper, and we could shoot the shit so to speak...:D
    sounds like a party :thumbsup:
    Very nice. Continental had one earlier this year when I was shopping for one, unfortunately they thought it was the exact one that won the west and had it priced accordingly.
    Yeah they tend to hold onto their stock for awhile . They had/have a Enfield No4 mk2 for $1400 I almost choke when I saw that . If that is the going rate Ill sell all of mine lol . I was getting them in the wrap from the shows a bunch of years ago for if memory serves around $150 -200.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    sounds like a party :thumbsup:

Yeah they tend to hold onto their stock for awhile . They had/have a Enfield No4 mk2 for $1400 I almost choke when I saw that . If that is the going rate Ill sell all of mine lol . I was getting them in the wrap from the shows a bunch of years ago for if memory serves around $150 -200.

I believe their 1873 was a .38, common vintage around 1885 or so, and priced at $2500 with gray patina. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom