• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    The reason guys here are anticipating the Polymer 80 lower is because the bar for entry is much lower in terms of finishing than with an aluminum lower.

Yeah. Looks even easier than the EP lowers. Which still look neat. But I watched a video of a user carving out the Fire control pocket and I wasn't too excited to try it.

The jig and included bits look fool proof compared to the EP lowers. I can see myself digging out the wrong pocket pretty easily. Especially since I'm not all that familiar with standard AR receivers.

I'm glad they all exist though. Competition breeds stronger products.

polymer80

Polymer80 Co-Founder
    May 29, 2013
    update

Samples of lowers off of the FINISHED molds are being ran TONIGHT. I am hoping to have them in my hands Wed. If alk checks out (and it should) we are in production! !!

Thanks! !

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Thanks for providng an update. I really hope this pans out. If this becomes a no go by September 1, I am going to have to look elsewhere to get some lowers to get in by the 10/1 deadline.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    What I dont understand, and I am surprised no one else has pointed this out, but their facebook page & their webpage have two different announcements from 8/19. One says they are producing the product that day and the other says they are going to do it this saturday.

Im having less and less faith in this in being real or two in the product (if they ever ship it). Facts arent making sense. They have been testing for almost a month but they dont have a finished mold? More and more "issues" that keep delaying things. If this even is real, I dont understand why anyone would go public before they had a finished product or at the very least be in the final stages of beginning production. It sounds like they were just starting when they went public. They would be hard pressed to make a 10/1 delivery for anyone in MD.

One question that comes to mind is how many molds they have? The photo's they have shown show only one lower per mold. I dont know what their production rate is but its not going to be very fast with a single mold. I would have expected a gang mold with many lowers produced per mold.

2nd question that comes to my mind, all of their focus has been on the lower. But they havent mentioned anything about the jig or the tooling? No finished product to show? They may have a photo of the jig itself but I dont see anything about tooling or updates on them either.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Reminds me of the "Gold Rush " show where a bunch of amateurs swear they are ON THE GOLD...only they can't find it, and then have the machinery break down, and then have crew members getting sick and injured. Too much over-promise and under-delivery. We all know successful businesses under-promise and over-deliver....

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    As frustration mounts, I could simply buy some regular lowers, but will have to go through my FFL. I would still love to get some 80% lowers for the obvious reasons. My Google fu turned up these.....

http://www.eplowers.com/

They appear to be in stock, videos show the milling process with hand tools and show a working gun. Anyone else hear of these before?

i ordered one not too long ago but havent had time to mill it out yet. i want to like it more but i still havent found any torture test vids for them. i'm not sure how much of a paperweight i really bought because most all the reviews seem to just show how easy it is to mill instead of how durable it is!

still holding out for the polymer80 group buy though :thumbsup:

ecampo

Mar 3, 2008
    i ordered one not too long ago but havent had time to mill it out yet. i want to like it more but i still havent found any torture test vids for them. i'm not sure how much of a paperweight i really bought because most all the reviews seem to just show how easy it is to mill instead of how durable it is!

still holding out for the polymer80 group buy though :thumbsup:

I bought one and completed it while I was waiting. Fairly easy to do on a drill press. The white part is actually an insert that is molded in separately. Ribs from the main black polymer interlace with it so it cannot be pulled out but it tends to break off in clean pieces as you drill deeper. This leave relatively clean sides with some sanding or filing to remove the ribs. Have not had a chance to shoot it yet but it seems solid. Will probably get a few more if it ends up looking like these wont be here in time although I think they will.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I bought one and completed it while I was waiting. Fairly easy to do on a drill press. The white part is actually an insert that is molded in separately. Ribs from the main black polymer interlace with it so it cannot be pulled out but it tends to break off in clean pieces as you drill deeper. This leave relatively clean sides with some sanding or filing to remove the ribs. Have not had a chance to shoot it yet but it seems solid. Will probably get a few more if it ends up looking like these wont be here in time although I think they will.

That's not a bad looking polymer lower.

ecampo

Mar 3, 2008
    That's not a bad looking polymer lower.

Yea I like it so far. Here is a clear one that they made up as a demo. You can see the ribs in the side of the fire control pocket.

1044544_481458885271383_982958890_n.jpg

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    These guys are ready to ship. I posted in this thread awhile back about this company. So who wants to contact them about a group buy. We need to be on our toes, Oct.1st is just around the corner. If I don't see anything else posted here buy noon tomorrow, I'll contact them through facebook about a MD group buy. I will just need numbers or estimated how many lowers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom