• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    No matter how many times I go through the 7 day waiting period it just seems to take forever!!
    A week ago yesterday my MD Firearm Collector Application was not disapproved so I bought a Daewoo AR15 from The Gun Shop in Essex and a Spikes AR15 lower and Beretta 96 FS .40 from Gun Connection in White Marsh. Looks like tonight I go shooting the .40 and the AR15!
    I know this has been mentioned a hundred times but the 7 day waiting period makes less and less sense with each additional purchase.

jlp429

Dec 1, 2011
    7 days are not so bad compare to others that wait every 30 days. but i do agree, since you already are a collector then why bother with the 7 days?? either way, keep loading!!!!

jeepin13

Jan 10, 2011
    Bel Air, MD
    Why do they feel the need to have a "cool down" period for someone that already owns firearms? If someone that owns a gun plans to use it for a bad reason they already own one so there is no cool off!

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I agree, the seven days kills me. I'm on day seven now for a .357 Smith...I'm waiting to call the shop until this afternoon to see if my paperwork was returned.

pwoolford

Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    let us know how it does. the wait can be difficult. still waiting on my c&r.

I'm going to try and shoot it tonight...picking it up after work today. I applied for my C&R about 8 months ago and it didn't take too long to process. Have you applied for the MD Firearm Collector yet? I've been on a shopping spree since getting mine but it is time to stop before the wife stars yelling too loudly.

MDPrinter

Jan 4, 2012
    7 days is better than the 2 months I had to wait for my Utah CC license. It finally came in the mail 4 months ago and as luck would have it I haven't even left this beautiful state. Oh well going to PA soon.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Immediate gratification is always more fun than waiting. And a seven day waiting requirement shouldn't be necessary if certain and specific conditions are met. But that's what we all deal with in Marylandistan today.

Here are some thoughts on how you might fill the time:

The Seven Day Wait:
    • Day 1: Put down your bucks. Do the PPW. Wish you could take the new toy home. You can’t. So go home, wait seven days and dream good dreams about it.
    • Day 2: Pull seven guns you already own out of the safe and clean them top to bottom. I’m talking foam bore cleaner, Wipe-Out, Hoppes #9 – whatever floats your boat. But really clean and lube them well because tomorrow is range day.
    • Day 3: Take those seven guns to the range and enjoy them. Make them go bang and put holes in targets. When you get home, if you fired corrosive ammo, clean them again. Put away your unused ammo. Sort your spent cases and get them in the tumbler. It’s time to prep for reloading.
    • Day 4: Clean any of those seven guns you missed yesterday. Resize your tumbled cases. Inspect them all. Trim them. Clean primer pockets. Prime them. Clean up your work area around the press, for tomorrow you reload!
    • Day 5: Get on the press. Double check your recipes and document your reloads. Charge your cases. Seat and crimp your bullets. Refill those range boxes you emptied a couple of days ago. You’re gonna need them next range trip.
    • Day 6: Replenish your supplies. I’m talking checking factory ammo and reloading needs like primers, powder or bullets here. Get on-line orders placed if needed. Make a Wally World run for cheap ammo. And if you shoot home-cast boolits: Get the lead pot out.
    • Day 7: You’ve been dreaming about the new toy all week. But you’ve also been very busy. It’s a day of rest. Tonight take the wife out for a nice dinner. After all, she really does support your addictions whatever they may be. If not she’d have surely kicked your butt out a long time ago.
    • Tomorrow? Pick up that new toy and enjoy. From there, you can do it all again.
    See there, seven days isn’t really that long is it?
    :innocent0

pwoolford

Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Immediate gratification is always more fun than waiting. And a seven day waiting requirement shouldn't be necessary if certain and specific conditions are met. But that's what we all deal with in Marylandistan today.

Here are some thoughts on how you might fill the time:

The Seven Day Wait:
    • Day 1: Put down your bucks. Do the PPW. Wish you could take the new toy home. You can’t. So go home, wait seven days and dream good dreams about it.
    • Day 2: Pull seven guns you already own out of the safe and clean them top to bottom. I’m talking foam bore cleaner, Wipe-Out, Hoppes #9 – whatever floats your boat. But really clean and lube them well because tomorrow is range day.
    • Day 3: Take those seven guns to the range and enjoy them. Make them go bang and put holes in targets. When you get home, if you fired corrosive ammo, clean them again. Put away your unused ammo. Sort your spent cases and get them in the tumbler. It’s time to prep for reloading.
    • Day 4: Clean any of those seven guns you missed yesterday. Resize your tumbled cases. Inspect them all. Trim them. Clean primer pockets. Prime them. Clean up your work area around the press, for tomorrow you reload!
    • Day 5: Get on the press. Double check your recipes and document your reloads. Charge your cases. Seat and crimp your bullets. Refill those range boxes you emptied a couple of days ago. You’re gonna need them next range trip.
    • Day 6: Replenish your supplies. I’m talking checking factory ammo and reloading needs like primers, powder or bullets here. Get on-line orders placed if needed. Make a Wally World run for cheap ammo. And if you shoot home-cast boolits: Get the lead pot out.
    • Day 7: You’ve been dreaming about the new toy all week. But you’ve also been very busy. It’s a day of rest. Tonight take the wife out for a nice dinner. After all, she really does support your addictions whatever they may be. If not she’d have surely kicked your butt out a long time ago.
    • Tomorrow? Pick up that new toy and enjoy. From there, you can do it all again.
    See there, seven days isn’t really that long is it?
    :innocent0

Excellent advice!! I picked up the Daewoo DR200 last night and went shooting but the prior 7 days looked very similar to your suggestions. I made several trips to Wally World for boxes of Federal .40 caliber and ordered other caliber (along with more supplies) online. I made at least 3 range trips with 6 different guns. I don't reload my own yet but at the pace I'm going I probably should!!

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Does the 7 days include the weekend? I'm trying to figure out when I can pick up my purchases from the Gun Shop without pestering him lol.

pwoolford

Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    From everything I read I thougth the 7 days was calendar days so it did include weekends. But I made the purchase Monday evening and wasn't able to pick up the gun until the following Wednesday...so it was more like 9 days. No biggie....as fast as time seems to fly by these days it kind of helps slow things down a little while I wait.

Also, I would call over on the 6th or 7th day and ask when you can pick it up.

cyberfrance

Feb 1, 2012
    I purchased my handgun on Monday and was told that with so many handgun purchases since the Christmas holidays, it would likely take 10 days to fully process. Fine with me. I think I'll give them a call next Friday and hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom