• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    Im gonna head down for my first time. I’m gonna get some of the custom ear plugs made, also looking for some various mags

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Some MDS Forum members will be providing assistance at the MSI booth at the show. Please stop by and say hello. It will give me a chance to meet forum members in person.

Cal68

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Im gonna head down for my first time. I’m gonna get some of the custom ear plugs made, also looking for some various mags
    I got a pair of custom earplugs made using the EarVirginia dot com guy. They seal out the sound extremely well and I am looking forward to trying them on the range. But the funny part was that when I went to get the personalized earplugs about an hour after I sat for the moulding, they were terrible. I told the guy that I was disappointed because when I sat for the personalized moulding, the noise protection was fantastic. I could not figure out how the finished earplugs could be so bad. But then I looked at the name on the box and discovered that the earplugs he was trying to fit on me had been custom made for someone else. The owner apologized and when he found my custom made earplugs, they were as fantastic as they were when I sat for the moulding. I am glad I checked the name on the box before I left his booth.

Cal68

PS: I hope he disinfected the other guys earplugs before he fitted them on him!

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I got a pair of custom earplugs made using the EarVirginia dot com guy. They seal out the sound extremely well and I am looking forward to trying them on the range. But the funny part was that when I went to get the personalized earplugs about an hour after I sat for the moulding, they were terrible. I told the guy that I was disappointed because when I sat for the personalized moulding, the noise protection was fantastic. I could not figure out how the finished earplugs could be so bad. But then I looked at the name on the box and discovered that the earplugs he was trying to fit on me had been custom made for someone else. The owner apologized and when he found my custom made earplugs, they were as fantastic as they were when I sat for the moulding. I am glad I checked the name on the box before I left his booth.

Cal68

PS: I hope he disinfected the other guys earplugs before he fitted them on him!
    lol, that’s a wild mix up.

I got mine made today and I agree with you, they are awesome. Super comfortable to wear and no more messing with my cheek weld

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    It was a fairly good show. Prices were still a little high on ammo and mags. I did acquire a Microtech Hera II that was whispering "buy me" , so the trip to Chantilly was worth it.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I used to get mags from there, most dealers will haggle a little bit. I used to go up to a dealer with say ar mags for 10 each, and I would offer 100 cash for 11, sometimes even tried 90 for 11. Most of the time they said yes.

Now I just order them to a PA address when I see them on sale.

Now I did used to get my primers and powders from shows but even thats very hit or miss.

Cats Eye. Charter Arms is black

Also got some mystery magazines cheap, turns out they were for a Mauser 1914
    AR7.jpg

Sent from my SM-T733 using Tapatalk

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    It was a fairly good show. Prices were still a little high on ammo and mags. I did acquire a Microtech Hera II that was whispering "buy me" , so the trip to Chantilly was worth it.
    Gen2 PMAG/AR mags were still $90/10. Cheapest I’ve found at the shows so far.
    If you like 115gr 9mm blazer brass, they were about $220-$230/1k.
    PMC 223/1k was $460 and PMC 62 gr 556/1k was $490.
    There was still that one dealer in the main hall that had several tables of all magazines for obscene prices. I learned to just keep walking.

I have enough ammo and mags for now but I picked up a range bag and some pistol rugs. Boring shopping results for my standards. CMMG 22lr conversion kits were $229 or so…I think I’ll buy them locally and support my LGS.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I used to get mags from there, most dealers will haggle a little bit. I used to go up to a dealer with say ar mags for 10 each, and I would offer 100 cash for 11, sometimes even tried 90 for 11. Most of the time they said yes.

Now I just order them to a PA address when I see them on sale.

Now I did used to get my primers and powders from shows but even thats very hit or miss.
    $9 per is about the lowest I found at the show, by the case I can get for $8.25

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom