• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    11-21-15 Crossbow Kill

Took this 8 point last Saturday in Baltimore County -about 120 lbs- with Excalibur Crossbow at about 10 yards from treestand.

Attachments

• DSCN6176c.jpg
      DSCN6176c.jpg
      75.8 KB · Views: 303

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Congrats to everyone so far. To those that haven't had the right luck yet, keep trying, it'll happen sooner or later. Good luck to everyone.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Took this 8 point last Saturday in Baltimore County -about 120 lbs- with Excalibur Crossbow at about 10 yards from treestand.

I too have an Excalibur Crossbow that I'm looking forward to using on deer next year. My first year out I'm sticking with my shotgun, but next year I'm expanding my options.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Congrats to everyone so far. To those that haven't had the right luck yet, keep trying, it'll happen sooner or later. Good luck to everyone.

So far, 2 days hunting pm and haven't even seen a deer. But I was given a small doe out of pity LOL. Actually these guys and the landowner hunt crop damage there, so they get plenty of meat. I think they felt sorry for me or something. They checked the deer in on the phone while I waited, plus they also had gutted it and put it in my truck. Such service! Landowner's grandkids are getting fur related xmas gifts from me, needless to say. Gotta give something back for all this kindness.

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    My fourth and final Maryland buck tag is filled.

I am done hunting for the year. He charged into my tiny patch of woods out back on opening morning.

Good luck to the rest of you guys! Now I get to sleep in on weekends until next September!

BIG%2010%20Pointer%20MD%20Opening%20Day%2011%2028%2020151.JPG

BIG%2010%20Pointer%20MD%20Opening%20Day%2011%2028%202015%20pic%203.JPG

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    What gun is that GL?

It is an AAC Micro 7 bolt action in .300 Blackout. I stuck an Aimpoint T-1 red dot on it. For opening morning of rifle season I figured there would be lots of freaked out fast moving deer coming through our postage stamp sized parcel of woods and I wanted something light and fast that would help me make hits on fast moving deer. The red dot did not disappoint! I did not have the Surefire 762K can installed at the time as it makes it MUCH heavier and barrel heavy and less nimble to work with.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    It is an AAC Micro 7 bolt action in .300 Blackout. I stuck an Aimpoint T-1 red dot on it. For opening morning of rifle season I figured there would be lots of freaked out fast moving deer coming through our postage stamp sized parcel of woods and I wanted something light and fast that would help me make hits on fast moving deer. The red dot did not disappoint! I did not have the Surefire 762K can installed at the time as it makes it MUCH heavier and barrel heavy and less nimble to work with.

Thats a sweet set up!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD

Awesome buck!!! What loads in the 300aac? 110gr or 125gr?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Barnes VOR-TX Ammunition 300 AAC Blackout 110 Grain Tipped TAC-TX Bullet Flat Base Lead-Free
    Sweet. I have the same and similar Underwoods in my 300 BLK ammo box. Did he travel much after the shot? About how far were you? Makes me want to get a permit and get out during the last week of firearm season.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    Sweet. I have the same and similar Underwoods in my 300 BLK ammo box. Did he travel much after the shot? About how far were you? Makes me want to get a permit and get out during the last week of firearm season.

About 20 yards away. He ran right at the tree I was in having been scared out of the adjoining woods at sunrise by (I assume) a hunter getting into his stand a bit late. He dropped like a sack of taters. What have you got to lose by getting out there and getting some fresh air? You just might end up with a day that you will never forget!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom