• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    It's a super-sized Tenacious.

http://www.acmeapproved.com/Resilience-G-10-Plain_p_2096.html

What can I say? This thing is awesome! Talk about a pocket machete!

It's 9 3/8" long when open and deploys as fast as any auto or assisted with 100% thumb action and not even the slightest wrist flick. It's just as smooth and fast as my Benchmade Griptilian, probably due to the low-friction bushings and the heavy blade, which builds up a lot of momentum once you overcome the ball detent.

This knife has zero blade play, which I can't say for the Griptilian that cost twice as much. When I crank down the pivot on the Grip to the point where there is zero play, it's gets really sluggish. Not so for the Resilience.

It has nice G10 scales and a super heavy duty liner lock.

This thing is so big and heavy duty that it can probably double as a small chopper.

I like the reach that it gives, which would be great for slashing cuts if I needed to press it into a defensive role. It's almost like waving around a kitchen knife because it's so long.

This is going to be my new EDC for now. I only paid around 42 dollars and some change for this baby.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    If you are looking for reach and slashing cuts it would be the Civillian hands down for me from Spyderco.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I'd like to have a Civillian but it's a bit out of my price range. Also, it's useless for thrust cuts or an EDC tasks. The Resilience give me the best of all worlds for a fraction of the cost.
    True. The Civilian is nothing more than defensive weapon. But it IS cool. :)

Civilian2.jpg

Last edited:

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I have 5-6 spydercos and yes the Civilian is a pure "you call that a knife ... THIS IS A KNIFE ...." kinda thingy ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom