• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Since I was a kid, I have always wanted a full auto gun and now it is time to buy . I have been on a couple different websites looking at them and what is the meaning of these forms. I see form 3 and form 4 and then I see some guns with a form 3 and 4. I am looking to spend around $3500 so I guess that puts me in a price range of a MAC 11. I have not done to much research, so I figure this is a good start. Any suggestions would be helpful or if you have something you want to sell, please PM me.

Hitman4509

Dec 7, 2010
    PG Co
    Check out the NFA FAQ for the forms info.... Here's an excerpt

ATF FORM 4 – Application for a Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of Firearm

ATF Form 4

This is the form that a SOT/Class III Dealer will transfer a NFA item to you on. You can also use this form transfer a NFA item to another person in your home state. (see below for interstate transfers)

These items include Suppressors, SBR’s, SBS’s, Machine Guns and AOW’s.

Selling NFA Items Across State Lines

Selling NFA items across state lines requires the item to be transferred to a Form 3 (requires a $200 fee to go from form 1 or 4 to form 3) then once on Form 3 it can be transferred to another dealer in another state (tax free transfer). Once there it will require another $200 transfer to go back to a Form 4 to the new owner (Form 1 is only for the origional registerer, all other transfers will be on Form 4’s).

Not the most knowledgeable on NFA practices but I believe this means that a form 4 is for in-state transfers and a form 3 is for out-of-state transfers, then have to go back to a form 4 once you have the item.

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I appreciate that. I was trying to find that online but could not. I also apologize for my terrible english and writing skills at 12am. Any recomendations on purchasing one?

Hitman4509

Dec 7, 2010
    PG Co
    I appreciate that. I was trying to find that online but could not. I also apologize for my terrible english and writing skills at 12am. Any recomendations on purchasing one?

I dont have any Auto's and havent shopped for them (yet), so I wouldnt be able to help ya with that one. Sorry. Best of luck though.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    For a first subgun

i recommend a SWD mac11/9mm ( about 3.5K)
    Sell the upper or keep it as a spare.
    Upgrade to a Lage Max11 slowfire Upper ( 800.00)( this will bring the rate of fire from 1200rpm to about 650rpm, plus it has better sights/ AR15 type)
    Install a Side folding stock from Sam 150.00
    Upgrade to an extended mag release and upgraded safety ( 100.00)
    of course.. extra mags ( or get a sten conversion done)

This set-up will keep up with the Colt 635, MP5 and Uzi in subgun competitions. For a fraction of the cost.

Attachments

• max11slowfire.jpg
      max11slowfire.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 387

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    +1 for the M11-9 and Lage kit. I have personally set up two or three of these conversions for guys. They WORK. best part is that you can actually control the weapon if you shoot subgun match. I prefer a closed bolt gun (mp5 in my case) but in the sub-5000 range, the M11-9 is it when you slap the lage kit in it.

I think it was actually SCARCQB that had one of these up at the Nest once....then several others ended up buying them (Lage kits).

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I have seen a couple swd asking 3000 with the first tax paid, someone in ocean city has a sten mag conversion for 3200.

hk21guy

Nov 12, 2009
    glen burnie/pasadena
    honda the difference on the form 4 and form 3 is the form 3 is tax free to dealer to dealer meaning there is no tax stamp intill you get the paperwork in your name. form will be 2 tax stamps in the works 2 for you inless the guy your buying it from will pick up the first one.. try to do the ones that are on the form 3's

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    honda the difference on the form 4 and form 3 is the form 3 is tax free to dealer to dealer meaning there is no tax stamp intill you get the paperwork in your name. form will be 2 tax stamps in the works 2 for you inless the guy your buying it from will pick up the first one.. try to do the ones that are on the form 3's

This although I have found many guys are willing to pay the first stamp. Also many people will include suppressor with their Mac but you have to consider if it is on a form 4 you will be paying $400 in taxes for a $200-3000 suppressor.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Also a gun on a form 4 with probably take 1-5 months longer to transfer as the dealers form 3 should go through fairly quick.

I just did a form 5 in 2.5 months!!! (Form 5 is for a dewat, don't worry about it for macs as its not an option).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom